Driving me crazy! Help help ME help HER

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
A coworkers is finally heading my advice. Her children do not stay in their seats in her van. Dd is 4 weighs 37# torso of 14.5-15" Ds is 6 weighs 48# torso of 16". They have an 07 Grand Caravan w, locking latchplates. Locking her ds in a hbb is not an option and he is not mature enough to not be "held down". He is currently in nothing and her dd is in a backless booster. Her dh is a police officer and was happy w/ the "law" especially her ds. I told her the "law" won't save their lives and that it is just the minimum. Gave her some handouts and told her to have her dh drive the kids around 1-2x and see what he thought. He now wants them harnessed. :D

She told me I had to keep it low low. I was thinking Nautilus. She has found the F80 and Rns. I sat her 4yo in dd's xtsl and it won't last long so I finally talked her out of that. Help ME, by making a suggestion. Share your thoughts. I am not sure if or when her ds will be ready for a booster. He needs therapy, but she won't do anything. I am thinking he is on the spectrum, and so does his previous schoolS. He has been kicked out of 2 and she refuses to admit there is a problem. That is a whole different thread.

ADS

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
What about a maestro for the 4 year old?

I thought about that, but I am pretty sure they would like for this to be their last seat purchase.

After riding with his kids this week, I think her dh says money isn't a hold up. She likes the F85, but for the price diff and her kids sizes I think an 80 would be just fine unless anyone else thinks it is worth it?

firemomof3

If they can afford 2 Frontiers I think thats a great way to go :thumbsup:
There should be some good deals out there.

Raegansmom4

If there are any Regents still available, maybe she could get that for the 6 yo? Would harness a tad longer than the Frontier 80.

Jennifer mom to my 7

If price may not be as much of an issue, then what about 1 frontier 80, and one frontier 85? The frontier 85 will harness the 6 year old longer than the 80 if necessary. But the 4 year old won't need that yet. If necessary, you can switch them later, kwim?

Or a nautilus and a maestro, and a good turbo later.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
F85 for the 7yo, I think definitely. Is the 4yo developmentally typical? If so, I would go with a Maestro, and explain to them that although they'll need to booster her later, Maestro + booster is less than combo seat, OR a Nautilus. If she needs more height, I would imagine 7yo would be out of the F85 by then.

Or two F/F85s, if they're willing to go that route.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC