Stumped - carseat sighting...

TerisBoys

On my way in to work, I was behind a car with a seat in the middle of the back. Brownish cover, and what looked to be a handle like the Nauti on top.

But it had 2 red buttons on the top of the wings - is that the Nauti Elite?

If so - squeee! Expired seats are common here. I don't know of any local retailers that carry it, so someone was either travelling through (doubtful due to where I saw it) or ordered it for somewhere - which means they did their research.

(Yes, she who can identify an ancient seat at a glimpse is stumped.)

ADS

emandbri

It was rumored that on the elite you would be able to adjust the headrest smaller and bigger but I didn't think that feature made it to the final product. Does anyone know for sure? On the link below it lists Adjustable Head Support as a feature but is that up and down or lateral as well?

Looking at the pictures online it looks like the elite has little white things at the top, they could have changed them to red on the final product.

http://carseats.babycatalog.com/booster-car-seats/nautilus-elite-booster-car-seat-1754692

Has anyone seen the nautilus elite in person?

I was seriously considering getting the elite for the lock off.

Anyone know if you can put a regular cover on it?

Last edited:

xxluckychicxx

Yep, sounds like a Nautilus Elite. The one at BRU has a brown cover and 2 red buttons on top to adjust the headwings in and out.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
LOL...maybe you actually saw SPAM's nauti elite? She lives in our neckof the woods, andI know she has one.
The BRU down here has them, so there certainly could be some around.

TerisBoys

LOL...maybe you actually saw SPAM's nauti elite? She lives in our neckof the woods, andI know she has one.
The BRU down here has them, so there certainly could be some around.

She does, but I doubt she'd have been driving where I was. Plus it was in a Taurus, and I'm pretty sure that isn't what she drives.

*clap* I saw a new seat :)

ETA - her replacement headrest has white buttons. Not her :)

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
It does sound like the GNE. Mine has red buttons, with the brown cover. I ended up with the Elite rather than the regular because when I went to get mine (during trade-in) it was the Mariposa or Elite. Since I was getting it for a 5yo boy *and* we already have a Mariposa, Elite it was lol.

The adjustable headwings are indeed on the final product, along with the lockoff and a slightly nicer cover. The Gracopedic foam is NOT on the Elite as rumored; at least, it is not on mine, which stinks.

Em, I haven't tried swapping the covers, but I don't see any reason why the regular cover wouldn't fit. The headwing buttons don't interefere with the cover, nor does the lockoff that I can recall.

Only other change with the Elite is that the harness pads have to come off at 40lbs. I didn't mind until I moved N up (he's at or just shy of 2nd to highest slots, so I moved the harness to the top slots) and now it seems like the harness is digging into his neck. :(

Spam

Nope not mine ;) I bought Gabe at the r'us trade in event, then ordered a monti cover and well ya know the headrest thing. I get excited when I see new seats here too :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC