Tori and Dean - car seats improperly used in SO MANY ways

Status
Not open for further replies.

aisraeltax

anyone watch this show? im wondering if they get a lot of emails, gently suggesting that they have a certified car seat tech look at their car seat install, and perhaps even have it on the show, that this could be turned into a good thing instead of what it is right now. Apparently the straps on her dd's seat are loose and installed way too high for her, and the kids are almost able to get out of the seats (a friend saw the show last night, i havent had a chance yet).

i would love to see their show talk about proper car seat usage.

ADS

mamajava

Senior Community Member
Yes, I watched this Monday night. And I was gonna post about it but forgot. They have the orange Sceneras in the RV on the couch. Stella's harness is on the top slots, which should be moved down at least 2 slots and its so loose you could fit her in there twice and that chest clip was way down on the bottom. Liam's harness was ok most of the time, but it could be a little more snug and the chest clip made sure it was up in proper posistion!

I remember the episode of when they brought Stella home from the hospital in the Orbit infant seat. They must not of moved the harness down from Liam because it was at least 2 heads higher than her!

Laurette

yeah... Carseats installed on a side facing seat. THen Liam is in the front passenger seat in his carseat. And later he is even sitting at the dinette while the RV is moving. hummm..

I really like that show but their carseat useage needs help, as with most TV shows involving children.

mamajava

Senior Community Member
Do have to give them credit for actually using carseats in the RV. Most people I know don't even think twice about using one in an RV.

Blondie87

Just watched the last episode with their vow renewal ceremony, and Liam (3) was in a high back booster. I have a screen shot I'll post soon..

ETA- Screen Shot-
liamandstella.jpg

Stella looks like she's buckled pretty good! Liam not so much. What seat is he in? A Turbo?

rosey2007

I saw that episode also with them in the RV and could not believe how they were harnessed. I cannot believe Liam is in a booster seat already. Is that illegal in California?

veggiegirl228

Yep illegal in Ca to be in a booster so young. I hope that they can get it figured out before something tragic happens!

4boysmom

Yep illegal in Ca to be in a booster so young. I hope that they can get it figured out before something tragic happens!

It may be the camera angle but I would also question if he even meets the boosters minimums. He looks like an itty bitty skinny thing and I wouldn't be surprised if he was under its weight limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC