ahhh

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
aleah is crawling:eek: no more sitting in one spot playing nicely. just out of nowhere she is off!

ADS

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
its so funny how she justs starts doing things suddenly...no building up to it...just does it one day...same thing happened with sitting up...christmas eve we were taking her pictures and she just sat up without support...again...out of nowhere...i would at least like time to prepare.:( shes growing up so fast...i dont like it...

Lara

shes growing up so fast...i dont like it...

Tell me about it. I realized yesterday that in 2 months my baby will be three :eek: :( I want my baby back... she is getting so big.

Soon enough your little Aleah will be walking.. maybe she will walk a little late like my dd did ;) .

Anyways, just enjoy it while you can. It goes by so fast.

P.S. I love the name Aleah! So pretty. :)

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
Tell me about it. I realized yesterday that in 2 months my baby will be three :eek: :( I want my baby back... she is getting so big.

Soon enough your little Aleah will be walking.. maybe she will walk a little late like my dd did ;) .

Anyways, just enjoy it while you can. It goes by so fast.

P.S. I love the name Aleah! So pretty. :)

aw thank you...

i am happy she still doesnt have any teeth...that is one step me (or my nipples) are not ready for

arly1983

Ohhh, thats so great. I know you are so excited. Go Aleah!! Maybe Aleah can tell Camille her secret, she is frustrated because averyone can go but her.

Morganthe

i am happy she still doesnt have any teeth...that is one step me (or my nipples) are not ready for

Don't worry too much about teeth -When you realize it's going to happen, just have a plan (and when she's teething, it's most likely by accident)

- As long as you don't give a dramatic response, but tell her "NO Bite", stop nursing for a moment to let it sink in. Once you start again, if she repeats, then... "NO BITE" and plop her down on the floor until she realizes where she is. Either choose to switch sides or stop nursing for a little bit. Just don't put up with it, don't make a big deal, and make a fuss when she behaves properly -- you'll get through it within a day or two. DD learned very quickly it was not fun when Mommy got hurt around 10 months old :rolleyes:

What gets real painful was when dd fell asleep & I was dozing, she'd bite down. Ummm, usually the latch-on had loosened up and she was near the nipple. Wow! Yikes. :eek: Even now occasionally in the am's and she's not feeling so well, she accidently flexes her jaw incorrectly. Still, I can tell her 'don't bite please' and she'll say 'sorry', then really try hard to not do so again. Very conciencious for a 3 1/2 year old :) Yep, we still nurse 1 time a day and it's a wonderful relaxing period before we officially start our day :D

Mine was the opposite of yours --
first came teething (in pairs or quads:eek: ), then came crawling :D

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
Yep, we still nurse 1 time a day and it's a wonderful relaxing period before we officially start our day :D

Mine was the opposite of yours --
first came teething (in pairs or quads:eek: ), then came crawling :D

i totally look forward to extended nursing. ever since she was 6 weeks i have been constantly hearing "when are you going to give her some real food, she is starving" (my 50th percentile DD is not starving, as im sure you know). I am the only person in my family to exclusively nurse this long, and only the second person to nurse ever (my aunt was the first :) )

arly1983

Don't listen to them. Jackson was off the charts in height and weight and was exclusively breastfed. The first time I pumped at 3 months I got 9 oz out of both breasts. Your body will make enough milk for Aleah. Everybody told me (every single time he cried) that he wasn't getting enough and I needed to suppliment. At 9 months, I got 12.5 oz out of both breasts and he weighed 23 lbs. No way he wasn' getting enough.;)

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I was worried too about when he got teeth that he would bite me and was very pleased it was never an ongoing issue. DS only bit me a couple of times and it was usually when he had a ear infections and his ears were bothering him. The times he did bite I pulled his face into my breast (or the other way put my breast into his face) so that he would let go, I told him not to bit and it seemed to work!

All my friends thought I BF too long but hearing how long some go here it really isn't that long. He was exclusively BF til I introduced solids, never had formula and was weaned at 15 months. Really he didn't want it/me anymore, so that is why we stopped.

So you go, and don't stop til you and baby girl are ready :)

Morganthe

i totally look forward to extended nursing. ever since she was 6 weeks i have been constantly hearing "when are you going to give her some real food, she is starving" (my 50th percentile DD is not starving, as im sure you know). I am the only person in my family to exclusively nurse this long, and only the second person to nurse ever (my aunt was the first :) )

LOL -- if it was up to dd, she'd still happily nurse EVERY SINGLE TIME I'd try to sit down during the day!
I had enough of that about a year ago (when she was 2 1/2) and took the opportunity to start putting her off during the daylight. It helped the nursey issue that she also stopped taking naps almost exactly 12 months & several days ago. She always needed to nurse before settling down. Then I started cutting back on her night time before bed nursing. She got the idea that it was more fun to have books read to her just before she was tucked in and she'd pop off much sooner, then completely stopped in Dec :D

So it's just the morning time now and that's good for us. I can tell when I'm hormonal, I don't really want her nursing, but then a couple of days later it changes to being sweet and loving again. It's also cut short a couple of her nasty illnesses, so I don't want her stopping completely.

My mom was one of those rare moms in the 1960s who nursed me too. But apparently, I decided to quit by 18 months all on my own. My dd is much different than I was, obviously ;) But she is extremely independant during the daytime, so it completely disproves the whole -- must get off the breast asap or they'll be emotionally stunted :rolleyes: :D

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
So it's just the morning time now and that's good for us. I can tell when I'm hormonal, I don't really want her nursing, but then a couple of days later it changes to being sweet and loving again. It's also cut short a couple of her nasty illnesses, so I don't want her stopping completely.

i totally second the illness factor. she caught a little cold from her cousin (hes is bottle fed and eats all kinds of things, but that is for another rant) and he had already had it for about a week. she had it for maybe 4 or 5 dyas and that wsas it. and hers was much less severe. he is still sick and that was 2 weeks ago (this reinforces my desire to associate with that side of the inlaws more and more)

skaterbabs

Yeah, Joyjoy would love to nurse every time I sit down, but these days that's often from boredom as much as anyting else, unles it's late afternoon and she needs a nap. :rolleyes:

But as far as crawling before teeth, Joyjoy was (and is) extremely precocious with her gross motor skills. AT 6 mos she was sitting completely unassisted and pulling up to standing by herself. She had this funny crab walk crawl and had that mastered by 9 mos or so. We figured she be walking well before a year, but that crab walk crawl could get her around so quickly that she didn't need to. lol

The first two pics are at 6 mos almost exactly - the last is her 1st bday. It's the best pic I have of the crab walk crawl. I do have pic of her crawling at 7 mo tho - scary.

Last edited:

Morganthe

LOL at Joy. Those picts are darling :D
Once dd could stay sitting on her own (propped at 3 months alone around 5 mos), she demonstrated absolutely no interest in Gross motor skills. Instead, her focus was on BOOKS, babbling, and picking up tiny items. Her fine motor skills were scarily advanced by 8 months. Thankfully, she wasn't an oral baby either and never put anything in her mouth. She just wanted to examine things.
But no interest in sitting up, rolling over, tummy time until SHE decided it was time to crawl :rolleyes: Oh and Never ever hold her arms to see if she'd like to walk. Uh uh. Not until she wanted to at about 16 months when she took her first steps :rolleyes: :D

Last edited:

skaterbabs

LOL Joyjoy was all about the next big challenge and keeping up with the big kids. She didn't really start talking until well over a year, except for the usually hi, bye, momma, daddy, uh-oh, dog, ect.

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
those pictures are too cute...i love the one on the scale. aleah is already picking up little specs off the carpet, and she is quite the oral examiner, everything is in her mouth.

skaterbabs

I love the one with the scale too - that day was huge for us. She'd FINALLY hit 15 lbs. :rolleyes: LOL I think that may have been around the time we moved her out of the SnugRide into the Roundabout.

None of my kids were much for putting things in their mouths. I almost wish Joyjoy did - maybne she'd have taken a paci. :p

Morganthe

None of my kids were much for putting things in their mouths. I almost wish Joyjoy did - maybne she'd have taken a paci. :p

Nope, no paci here either. Which was good because I HATE those mouth plugs and didn't want one for my daughter ever. :mad:

I even told NICU nurses "NO WAY" since we'd have enough on our plate to battle 'nipple preference' (imo, a much better term than 'confusion' :rolleyes: ) They still kept trying to pop one into dd's mouth and she'd spit that thing right out again. Good for her! :D

She also stopped sucking her thumb & taking a bottle from dh at 4 months. :rolleyes: Perhaps we'll get through life without the battle of the braces that my mom and I had to suffer through 2x apiece. :(
As a baby, dd was a smiler and a talker. :)

Now she keeps sticking paci's & bottles into her dollies' mouths and pretending they are her :rolleyes:

broken4u05

Drew is right now getting his 14th tooth and he is 15 months. He had 11 at a 11 months. I really want to breast feed when i have children but i dont think i could do it more than a year. I see nothing wrong with it my goddaughter was over a year when she stoped and i think that is cool but i am not sure i could do it. But that might change later. Good luck with your new crawler. So are you ready for walking?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC