Got our GN and we're IN LOVE!!!!

menfusse

Next to Britax convertibles, it was the easiest install ever. It fits her like a glove and the belly pad is fabulous for her g-button which I'm forever catching with straps and such.

She was so excited when she looked out and saw the box on our porch she was shaking, lol. She says it is the "perfect big little girl seat for girls with extra belly buttons".

So the pics. I have an 08 Jeep Commander. I had no issues with the headrests right now, but later on it might become an issue if we have to use an outboard seat when it's up on the highest setting. For now she's only just over the first slot, in fact she probably could use it but it's so close, I just went with the second. So, I figure by the time she needs it, A will be out of a booster, and she can ride center, or we'll have a second vehicle (which will be my primary) and it will be installed in it. So no worries now. I don't think we'll have issues with slump either between the recline foot and the recline of the seat back...she's more reclined than she was in the RN for sure.

Seat base. That space is always there with in FF seat in this vehicle. It's rock solid though, so it's fine.
04061434.jpg

The top of the seat meeting the headrest. Please ignore my child's comb-over. She insisted she spray and comb her own hair today:rolleyes:.
04061411.jpg

Side view
04061410.jpg

Front view and a happy kid in her big (little) girl seat.
04061411a.jpg

ETA: I was worried about the DOM since we got Matrix, but it's 2/11/2010 :)

ADS

hsjwmom

Aw, she looks so happy! That really is a great fit. You'll have to let us know how her first car nap goes, if she has any head slump. The Nauti came out *right* after I got dd2 her Regent. I really wish it had been available then. The more I see it, the more I like it.

Laurette

Wow, she is tiny. Look how big that belly pad looks on her. :) She is adorable. My DS is 4 and in the same seat, he's getting close to even with the third slot up.

autumnlily

She looks so happy!

Perhaps it's too small of a photo or just the view... but is that latch strap twisted?

featherhead

She is soooo cute!!! And she looks great in her new seat! I just noticed, it looks like in the first pic the LATCH strap might be twisted. It's hard to tell because it's bunched up, but you might want to check.

Mommy2Marcus

YAY!!!! We're in love with our GNE to!!! It is an awsome seat. I have no trouble installing it. Marcus does have a little headslump, but it is not the worst as he rarely sleeps in the car anymore. I am so glad she likes her seat!

R&J'sMom

We love our GNs! So much that I sold both my MAs and bought 2 more for DH's truck plus 2 for my Mom's car. We have 6 total :eek:

menfusse

She fell asleep in her second ride, which was of course her first ride lasting longer than 10 minutes and she pretty much falls asleep on any car ride longer than 10 minutes, lol.

Anyway, mild slump only which she seemed to be able to adjust in her sleep, even that deep twitching kind of sleep. She's so happy with the seat though, and so proud that unless she absolutely said the slump was making her miserable and sore, I doubt it would be a deal break on this seat for us. Luckily it's nothing compared to what she dealt with in the RN, which she said did make her miserable and she would cry every time she woke up.
Here's a pic. She did slump a bit more than this at one point, but kind of just rousted up a bit and turned her head and it was fine the rest of the ride.
04061724.jpg

Compared to the RN. No matter how much she raised up and turned, she could not keep her head from flopping this far forward.
01-10-09_1605.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC