Is there a way to look up current traffic accidents or conditions?

LuvBug

My boss called me from the interstate saying he was at a standstill. Now this is big news because down here standstills only happen on the way back from the Nascar races lol!
He sat for 45minutes calling me here and there because hes bored(and to tell me a lady next to him was breastfeeding and the baby was in a rearfacing seat behind her. Oh I should mention its my dad lol! so he knows how I am about this stuff).
Ive been trying to find what may be causing it. I know it has to be a wreck, but didnt know how to find where or what happened. It is delaying his appointments, so trying to look for a way out.
I found traffic.com but that place is confusing when you dont know the *exact* names of the section of road you are looking for.
He called to let me know he was able to u-turn on the side and make it back to a ramp. He said when he got to the ramp there were state troopers blocking the exit so people couldnt get back on the highway and they were deturing them. He said a man said a car ran into the back of a fuel truck and the truck exploded. So now we have an answer... sorta. But I think it will be good for us if I know how to keep an eye on the roads for him when he is out.
So anyone know how or where?

ETA: well I found a site for traffic conditions in GA, which was helpful because it did list the accident talked about. Ill bookmark it, but it would be nice to find others as well. I tried to find something similar for AL, but we arent that suffisticated I guess lol!

Last edited:
ADS

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
In Michigan, there's a state DOT (department of transportation) website with real time traffic conditions and road construction info. and AAA Michigan also has a traffic alert page on its website. I'll have to bookmark traffic.com, that will come in handy when DH travels. :)

southpawboston

i think most major cities have some sort of real-time reporting of traffic conditions... i know boston has one, not sure if it is part of traffic.com or its own website, but i never really have to use it... i take the subway :)

LuvBug

I think traffic.com isnt working for me because it is limited to metropolis and we deal with more rural.
The business is regional to AL and GA and we dont have subways. Taking the subway for a 150m trip with a box of supplies probably wouldnt be very fun anyway lol!
I think Im set on a system for GA, but need to figure out one for AL.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC