26 month old in a variety of infant seats (pic heavy)

Cryssy Jane

So... Odin and I were playing carseats yesterday since he was the only one here. For reference he's 26 months old, 32lbs with a 15 inch torso and roughly 35.5 inches tall.

From smallest to biggest.
SR22, obviously over the weight limit (and height for that matter) He's a good 2.5 inches over the top of the shell.
100_1492.jpg
100_1493.jpg

Keyfit 30, again, over the weight limit. Without the infant insert (oops) he's right at the top of the shell.
100_1502.jpg
100_1503.jpg

SR32, right at weight limit. Hard to tell, but he's got 1.5 inches until the tippy top of the shell, so technically he could still use this in a pinch.
100_1496.jpg
100_1501.jpg

Onboard 35, under the weight limit, however his head is right at the edge of the shell.
IMG_0705.jpg
IMG_0704.jpg

Overall, This was the first time I've seen an onboard 35 in my local BRU (although I've seen one at target), so I had to get pictures and while I had a willing model, I figured I might as well take pictures of all the other millions of infant seats I have on my hands at the moment. Next go around will be convertibles :)

Last edited:
ADS

featherhead

Umm, the Keyfit looks like you still had the infant insert in. Without it he would probably be closer to even with the shell.

Cryssy Jane

Umm, the Keyfit looks like you still had the infant insert in. Without it he would probably be closer to even with the shell.

Yeah, he's sitting on top of all of them... I'll look really quick and see if I have a pic without it in.

ETA: fixed :)

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC