Marathon CS officially discontinued

crunchierthanthou

did I miss that? They've been drastically marked down on a few sites, but I didn't realize they were completely discontinued.

I was just looking at some Britax manuals and noticed that it was in the list of retired products.

heh. It's only a bummer in that I loved that red cover.

The Decathlon and 1st gen Frontier are there too, but we knew that.

ADS

April

Um...yay? One less seat for parents to be confused over the non-working CS feature. :twocents:

Maedze

The CS feature was a giant FAIL, because it gives the parent the impression that the harness is tight when it isn't. The fact that you listen for it 'three times' is evidence that it does. not. work.

Now, if they'll just remove that ridiculous feature from ALL their seats....

What are we down to now for convertibles?

Roundabout
Diplomat

RA50
MA
BV (is the regular BV d/ced?)
BV CS
Advocate

Hey, only 5 of the same seat! It's an improvement!

Maedze

I hope they have something on display at Lifesavers!

Isn't Britax typically pretty publicity-shy until the seat is *this* close to being available for purchase?

I'm remembering the sheet-draped Frontier featured on Britax-USA a few years back :ROTFLMAO:

Twinklefae

Aren't they having some sort of grand unveiling in Kentucky soon-ish? I was chatting to a tech who works at a local baby boutique and they were invited to some grand event. I would assume they are showing off their new convertible, since all their other seats are still pretty new.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I accidentally posted on the Admin account and removed it to repost on this one and you snuck in and quoted it in the 15 seconds it was up there lol.

Usually word goes out to the big retailers for any new product, as any manufacturer needs to give out some information to start generating orders in advance of production. That information is what generally leaks out first, as everyone else who has any information is generally asked to keep it confidential until much closer to the official launch.

That said, there have been surprises at conferences now and then, but usually those are at ABC Kids Expo and not Lifesavers or KIM.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Might be a good reason to visit my mom and sister in Louisville! The fall ABC Kids Expo will be there starting next year I think.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Might be a good reason to visit my mom and sister in Louisville! The fall ABC Kids Expo will be there starting next year I think.

Is it still in Vegas this year, though? Darren, if you want an extra reporter for c-s.org, I'm willing to go to Vegas for you :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC