Question Evenflo Serenade???

kaleigh71

I just won an Evenflo seat and chose this one over the EFTA and Gen65, as I also found out we are expecting #4 today. :love: I did a search here and was a bit dismayed by the discussions from back in December when this seat was introduced. Does anyone have any experience with it since then? What is the deal with the "seats flying off the base" comments I keep seeing about Evenflo infant seats? I know they are supposedly tested and passed, but the comments now have me a little nervous. I'm not terribly worried about the handle down issue, just the reputation as a whole of the infant seats.

Also, I will say I am a little annoyed that you can't access the manual without a model/mfg date. I wanted to look it over. :mad:

ADS

steph_s

The evenflo infant seats have had many recalls over the years (the base separating from the seat in certain crashes, handle falling off while carrying, ect). The most recent was the discovery 5 recall in Feb. of 08. Evenflo didn't catch this issue it was the NHSTA that found it if I remember correctly.

Add that to the stupid 1.5in handle rule along with having to have the handle in the down position makes the seat almost impossible to install correctly unless you have a lot of room in your back seat! I couldn't even get that in my grandfathers giant mercury grand marquis (I tried just because I'm a dork like that).

I just don't think too highly of any of their infant seats!

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I liked it too when I played w/ it. I have some pics of Olivia in it too. The handle is a complete redesign from their other models. The handle still has to be down, but the handle is much closer to the infant seat now so it doesn't take up near as much room. I like the sliding harness and the pillows in the seat seemed comfy! lol It's a smaller seat, definitely not going to 30#, but it looked good.

kaleigh71

I liked it too when I played w/ it. I have some pics of Olivia in it too.

It's a smaller seat, definitely not going to 30#, but it looked good.

Would you be able to post pics? I just got a message saying I should get it in 7-10 days, but I'm impatient like that, lol. Smaller than say the KF30? I had a KF30 but my niece was using it for her son and she was in a wreck a few weeks ago. I had planned on getting either the Onboard35 Air (as long as the reviews were good) or skipping the bucket and going with a TFP. I hadn't even heard of the Serenade and probably wouldn't have at all if it weren't for the contest I won.

I thought the measurements were pretty good looking at the comparison chart.

kaleigh71

Hmmmm. Not a huge difference, but a difference. DD2 outgrew her KF30 pretty early on, too. Technically, she *should* still fit by weight, probably max height. I'm just going to have to see what she looks like in it when it gets here. Considering selling it already to fund what I *really* want for the next addition. I just don't know if I will be happy with this one.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I played with it a little. Looks really nice. I swear I posted pics somewhere.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC