Torso height

Mommy0608

Finally got my kids' torso heights. DD's has grown astronomically, just as I had suspected! :eek: She was about 12.5-13" last time I measured (last year sometime) and now she's about 15"! Crazy! Is that a long torso for a 3 year old? Seems like it.

DS, who is 20 months today, is 13.5-14". :eek:

Thank goodness for the FR85. DD has one, and DS will get one when he outgrows his seats RF. We have a Symphony 65 on the way for him (won a contest)... I reeeally hope he hasn't outgrown it RF by height! Fortunately his main seat is a True Fit.

How old are your kids, and what are their torso heights? Just wondering how mine compare.

ADS

Spam

A just turned 21 months and last time I measured, last month sometime he was right about 15". When it was warm here last week he was a muscle shirt and omg, his arms look super long.. like monkey arms lol.

Mommy0608

Wow! You ladies make my kids' measurements seem a little more normal. :p I know my DD has a very long neck though too, which stinks for RF... that's why we skipped the Radian and went FF, since she had just about outgrown it by height RF.

AtTheSouthDam

DD1 is 6.5 and sitting about 20". She is all torso and once you factor in the recline of all harness seats she fits in none. She is rapidly out growing a lot of HBB as well :(
DD2 is 3.75y, and only at 13". She has grown recently but only in the legs. She wears a 5t in pants now! :eek:

Mommy0608

DD1 is 6.5 and sitting about 20". She is all torso and once you factor in the recline of all harness seats she fits in none. She is rapidly out growing a lot of HBB as well :(
DD2 is 3.75y, and only at 13". She has grown recently but only in the legs. She wears a 5t in pants now! :eek:

Wow! Our "twins" are growing apart. :p DD is wearing 4 Slim pants, but they're getting short.

abigaylebelle

My ds just grew a little and it was all torso, thank goodness! He's 3 and his torso is almost 12" now. Still on the bottom slots of the roundabout but he has a gigantic head so only 2-2.5" of shell above his head. I've always thought of him as long-legged but he wears 2t pants so maybe not.

fyrfightermomma

E is 43.5" and is 4y8m. Her torso is about 14.5" She wears a 5T or 6 pants and has super long legs! But a puny little torso

S is 38" and is 3y1m. Her torso is about 15". She has no legs LOL

J you don't care about :) He's big. I have no clue what his torso is but he also has no legs!

armywife12

Caleb is 31 months old and his torso is just over 15 inches. He hit 15 inches a few months ago and is finally starting to sprout some legs. He has grown about an inch in the last month or two and luckily it was all in legs because he went from barely fitting into 2Ts to fitting in 4Ts.

ginny4

i measured the 2 little ones.
DD 6yo in a month = 17" torso i guess i lose alot of torso height with installs cause she doesn't fit anything remotely close to 17in top slots.
DS3 (JB) 3.75yo = 14.5" torso (wiggly tonight) i think he's had that for a LONG LONG TIME. i swear he hasn't grown much at all. he's pretty tall. pants & shirts needs 5T. partly because he's thickish (opposite of your DD)

it seems that all my kids only grow in the summer so that when its time for fall clothes NOTHING fits. LOL

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
OK....the twins are 2yrs 10mo:

38 1/4" tall and 15" torso (top slots of his DC, 2nd to top of Radian XT, not sure on what 'slot' in the F85)
36 1/8" tall and 13.5" torso (3rd slots of his DC)

msg221

I finally got around to measuring my godson and goddaughter last week. Here are their stats:

They turned 22 months on March 28th. Nour is 31" tall, 22.7 lbs. and has a 12 inch torso. She is a tiny peanut, (only in the 4th percentile in height and weight) mostly wearing size 12 month clothes but still fits into 9 month Carter's onesies! Her younger-by-one-minute brother Zain is 33" tall, 25.2 lbs. and has a 13 inch torso. He is also on the smaller side, I believe in the 16th pecentile for weight and the 26th for height. I tried putting size 18 month shorts on him this weekend and they fell right off his waist. I had size 12 month shorts I bought him last year and after I adjusted the waist smaller (thank goodness for those adjustable elastic/button dealies in some jeans/shorts!) they fit him.

So much for thinking these kids might be big because at birth Zain weighed 7 lbs., 6 oz. and Nour weighed 6 lbs., 13 oz. :eek: God bless their mother who carried them to 39.5 weeks with no problems at all throughout her first (and last, she says!) pregnancy! :thumbsup:

veggiegirl228

so did a quick one last night and I got almost 15" torso with a 16" inseam. Last overall height check was nearly 42" (back in Jan) and she'll be 4 next month.

Cryssy Jane

As of yesterday, O is 35.5 inches tall, 32lbs, 15 inch torso ish and he's 26 months. He wears 3T tops and 24 months jeans

ginny4

As of yesterday, O is 35.5 inches tall, 32lbs, 15 inch torso ish and he's 26 months. He wears 3T tops and 24 months jeans

really? 3T tops for a 15in torso?? i find that (& not just referring to you) that kids wear all sorts of sizes of shirts that don't really seem to go with their torso height. for example sorry using your child as an example. my kid size 14.5in torso = 5T tops. your son 15in torso = 3T tops. i see these discrepencies all the time. strange strange strange.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC