What's up with Britax

HEVY

I can not reach them. There is no email address and the numbers they listed tells me I am calling at the right time but then disconnects me.

ADS

MOM25BOYS

I can not reach them. There is no email address and the numbers they listed tells me I am calling at the right time but then disconnects me.

I may be wrong, but if I remember correctly Britax may be one of those businesses that are closed the Monday after Easter. :rolleyes:

HEVY

Ughhhh. Thanks. I sent Sarah Tilton an email and am being told it's no longer valid. I guess I have to wait till tomorrow.

HEVY

I got through today, explained what happened and they are sending a new seat! Wow! There is no way to replace the armrests so you get a new seat. Feels strange, but I'm glad.

steph_s

I'm glad you finally got through! What seat did the arm rests break? I'm just curious because I can't see them breaking on the pkwy and the Frontier (at least the old one) it seems like they would be able to replace them.

HEVY

It was the Frontier 85. I had a thread, Rachel was leaning on the armrest when she got in the car, slipped, fell full bodied onto the rest and the thing that screws it on to the base broke. I will have to take a pic.

steph_s

It was the Frontier 85. I had a thread, Rachel was leaning on the armrest when she got in the car, slipped, fell full bodied onto the rest and the thing that screws it on to the base broke. I will have to take a pic.

I am having a hard time picturing how a child could break an arm rest just by leaning on it or even falling on it. I haven't played with the new Frontier, is it that flimsy? A seat rated to 85lbs in harness mode you would think they would make sturdy enough for said child to lean or fall slightly onto an arm rest and have it withstand the force ya know.

HEVY

Do you have the one that ends in @britaxusa.com? her email changed to just @britax.com.

Thanks.

The seat is not flimsy, even broke the armrest is almost solid. I don't know how it happened, she didn't even get hurt. My guess is it has something to do with the angle in which she fell on it, I don't know, just heard this big pop, wasn't even sure what it was at first, I moved the cover and saw the thing out, thought it was something you popped in or pulled out, then I saw the crack.

HEVY

Pics

DSC00704.jpg

DSC00705.jpg

DSC00706.jpg

oxeye

The Multi-tech is a very similar seat and doesn't have them.

Yeah, they could have designed the shell differently to be like the Multi-tech. It has deeper grooves for the belt than the Frontier85 would have without armrests from what I can tell. With the current design of the Frontier85 I don't think they could get away without armrests, though.

Or they could just sell the Multi-tech in the US. :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC