E in her Vivo. Fit check please

fyrfightermomma

Got E's Vivo today from another member :love:

It's being used for booster training and a back up booster for emergencies. She has a turbo but I really don't like the fit or lack of SIP. She's used to her YS so the head wings on this are better for her.

Does it fit okay? The lapbelt on the turbo I could never get to lay on her thighs. It always rode up on her belly.

E is 4y8m, 33-34 pounds and 43.5" tall but is mostly legs.
101_2844.jpg

101_2842.jpg

101_2838.jpg

This is the lowest setting. Is it still too high? Will it do any harm?
101_2840.jpg

The belt lays funny in here and kind of twists coming up (the shoulder belt) and it's not very tight there. Is that okay? (by the right sided belt path-her right)

101_2843.jpg

And just cause they are so purty together!
101_2846.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

Maedze

The belt lies correctly on her legs and chest. I wouldn't worry about the gap. She's tiny, and she doesn't have the build to fill it out. Not much you can do about it. The Vivo is probably the best bet for her because it's enclosed and form-fitting.

Shaunam

I think it looks good. She looks so little though! I have to remind myself she's almost 5 and almost as tall as my tall 5 year old. :p

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Looks nice. But, I would LOVE to see a pic of a turbo allowing a lap belt to ride up, if you get a chance. I know it as discussed a while back when the ratings came out, and I just have such a hard time picturing it, so I'd love to have a visual.

fyrfightermomma

Looks nice. But, I would LOVE to see a pic of a turbo allowing a lap belt to ride up, if you get a chance. I know it as discussed a while back when the ratings came out, and I just have such a hard time picturing it, so I'd love to have a visual.

ill snap one when she wakes up. Its not too high on her belly, but definately not on her thighs and as she rides seems to go higher. Its like shes too small for it and the belt path is too high. I know shes really too small for boosters right now but since she did meet the minimums of the TB I just expected it to fit better.

And thanks guys! She was trying to make a silly face which didnt turn out so well. I forgot to post on here she has met an "appropriate weight" to begin feeding therapy which is the beginning to tube weaning :love:

when she hits 36 lbs after tube feedings and feeding therapy, weaning will begin. Yeah!!

arly1983

I love the fit and I'm glad you like it! I love the matching desert sand! Its my favorite recaro cover color.

I agree with the previous poster who said this is probably going to be the best fitting booster for her thats on the market.

I think she would fit well in old style parkway but it might not have the support she needs on the sides.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
The fit looks great! Thank you for posting this, BTW, because I have been planning on getting M a Vivo in a few months and wasn't sure how it fits the skinny minnies!

fyrfightermomma

I was just about to post if this was the most narrow (not sure how else to word it) booster? Not narrow for space, but most tight fitting? Anything more tight fitting?

She's just SO narrow. She's one of the tallest in her class and is a normal height for a 5 year old but she's SO narrow. And even when she hits 40 lbs, she isn't gonna change overall that much, KWIM? She just will always be super narrow. 6 pounds isn't gonna make her suddenly fill out the booster LOL. She's just narrow hipped, narrow shouldered, narrow everything. She still seems so narrow in this booster. There are several inches on each side but I dont really know how boosters are supposed to fit. I've never looked closely at anything other than belt fit.

But I do think this will be the best for her. She's not gonna get much wider, just taller and a few more pounds. I love how it fits her and she loves the head wings and needs that side support. The YS is the best by far for a booster for her (she can't move at all in that seat!) but I want to give it to S in my DH's car, so I need it for that. And I"m not gonna buy one just for booster mode.

So I think this will be our booster!

One more question. Do their legs need to bend at the seat end? Her's don't. They just kinda stick straight out even though she has longgggg legs. In the car she always sits criss cross anyways. That's not a problem in a booster right as long as the lap belt fits?

Sorry so many questions. I'm new at this booster thing. Looking at her in this compared to the TB, the fit is about 1000 times better. She didn't fit very good in the TB at all now that I see her in this.

TerisBoys

One more question. Do their legs need to bend at the seat end? Her's don't. They just kinda stick straight out even though she has longgggg legs. In the car she always sits criss cross anyways. That's not a problem in a booster right as long as the lap belt fits?

It looks like they do bend at the edge of the booster, and then rest on the vehicle seat. In my non-tech but experienced opinion, as long as she's not slouching down to get more comfortable she'll be ok. If she starts slouching her lap belt could ride up, and that would be a bad thing.

Echoing what the others said - she's looking wonderful momma!

fyrfightermomma

It looks like they do bend at the edge of the booster, and then rest on the vehicle seat. In my non-tech but experienced opinion, as long as she's not slouching down to get more comfortable she'll be ok. If she starts slouching her lap belt could ride up, and that would be a bad thing.

Echoing what the others said - she's looking wonderful momma!

Yeah looking back at this pictures I think that's what was happening. The seat was longer than the booster so her legs went over the booster but then hung off the edge of the seat. Only time will tell if she slouches. Her TB does that too. The seats are much deeper than the booster!

fyrfightermomma

Alright turbo pictures. She must have grown since we got it! She was *barely* on the lowest setting when I got it two or three months ago. Today I had to move it up two clicks (she hasn't ridden in it since before Joey was born)

So it seems to fit a little better now, but still not like the Vivo. The belt still seems a tad high on her.
101_2850.jpg

Don't mind the grump face. She didn't appreciate being woken up from her nap (it was 4:30!!!)
101_2847.jpg

101_2849.jpg

101_2848.jpg

Amazing what two months can do! It fits better now(not great but better), but didn't when we got it a few months ago

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
The armrests look really high..do you have them on the higher setting? I think the belt fit would be much better if they were lowered. I know, putting them at the lower setting makes them useless as far as actual armrests go, but it does usually improve the belt fit (makes the lap belt stay...well..lower, lol)

I agree the vivo looks better, but I think if you moved the armrests down, the TB fit would be acceptable as an emergancy backup thing.

jsta1005

I can't believe she is almost 5! She looks great and looks comfy in the Vivio. I love the Vivo next to the YS... and now you just need a Recaro convertible for J to match!

Kat_Momof3

I think it looks great! (I did have to remind myself JUST ONCE of how old she is already)

This is why I love this seat... it just fits narrow kids well (and with the lowest setting not being as short as that of the turbo, it's clearly for tall kids... though the proof is in the highest setting)

I think the problem she has in the turbo is that the guides under the armrests go back further than that of the vivo... combined with the increased depth.

the guides on the vivo are further forward, which means that belt just stays on the thighs completely...

and with the shallower seat, the knees bend at the edge more nicely, preventing the slouch (Ruthie puts her heels on the vehicle seat... it's like having a built-in footrest... and she loves putting her DS or cyberpocket against her legs so she can see without having to bend her head (she has fallen asleep playing and this prevents any slumping, as well as preventing the game from falling to the floor)

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
It looks pretty good to me. :)

Do you mind putting a line break between the 2 photos on the second row? It's stretching my screen all wonky. Thanks. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC