Larger Child in Chicco Strada pics

brooklynsmommy

Here is my niece. She is almost 10 (in two weeks) and is 53 inches and about 70 lbs. The booster is on the highest setting. She has about an inch or two left of torso growth I believe before she is even with the belt guide. She doesn't need to side wings taken out at all. But you can see in the frontal shot (which I'm sorry she isn't centered in) that she has a lot of room side to side. I'll resize these as soon as I can.
0404114317.jpg

0404114447.jpg

I'm sure she could have scooted back farther, but we were going fast to get these done before we left.
0404113946.jpg

ADS

brooklynsmommy

The clip on the side is for the cup holder. I normally have the seat passenger side in my van but had to take it off to throw it next to the NA in my mom's van. I'm not sure how deep it is, but will attempt to measure it tomorrow. With the way that the back attaches to the bottom, they gain seat depth when the back is removed. It would show if I would have had her scoot all the way back and not slouch. It has this T part that kind of pushes it away from the seat and keeps the back from falling back turbo style. The seat is $170.

Maedze

It looks like a great fit. How does it do on smaller kids? The price tag seems rather steep in comparison with similar products, considering that it is not latchable. :twocents:

brooklynsmommy

It looks like a great fit. How does it do on smaller kids? The price tag seems rather steep in comparison with similar products, considering that it is not latchable. :twocents:

It actually fits B really well at 39 inches and 35 lbs. the only issue with is that she swims side to side in it. If she slides herself to the buckle side(how I figured out the swimming) the shoulder belt sits right on the edge. This seat seams to be built like the Monterey for older or larger younger kids. The only reason I purchased the seat is because I got a very good deal.

brooklynsmommy

I haven't measured the booster at all yet. I'm sick with bronchitis right now and am still in bed:eek: I will try to get some measurements later this evening.

brooklynsmommy

The highest belt guide is about 20.5 inches long. The narrowest spot in the bottom part of the booster is about 11.5 inches. The widest is about 12. The base at it's widest is 17 at the same point at the 12 inches. The arms flare out.

Kat_Momof3

darn... I was still considering this one (though now back to only considering the US version of the Recaro Monza) for Ruthie in my car to put the Vivo in her dad's...

she just doesn't have the legs OR the shoulders to pull off such a seat.

but I'm glad it's there for big kids who need that flat belt guide for those wonky seatbelts that do better with it... I just wish the price weren't so steep.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC