• Keep it.

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Don't keep it.

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Whatever.

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters

HEVY

Installed second slot from top, even with the shoulders, not much room till the last slot. Regent is second from top but there's a lot more room between slot. IDK, I will probably keep it, but uninstalled she fit on the third so this is a disappoinment.

GFH2.jpg

JLK.jpg

JLK1.jpg

ADS

scatterbunny

How long are you wanting/needing to keep her harnessed?

I would probably need to see a picture with her in the very top slots (of both seats, preferably), and need to know how long you want her harnessed, before saying whether or not it's worth keeping.

At her age, though, it took my daughter at least a year to grow an inch in the torso, and I'm thinking there is at least an inch (probably more) before she is even with the top slots of that seat, so I would probably lean toward keeping it, especially considering what a tall booster it will make.

Although, if you have the Regent, do you need another harnessed seat (are there other vehicles she consistently rides in, that she cannot use a booster in)? Or were you wanting to replace the Regent with this seat?

HEVY

I will be trying to sell one Regent now and the other by Sept. Will give STBEX the TB. So in the end will just have this and the TB and possibly a new RSTV.

I plan for her to stay harnessed till she's 8, another 14 months, would really LOVE to keep her harnessed till 9 which I could easily in the Regent, but I won't. There is an inch or a bit more in the top slots of the Frontier. She likes it, a "little bit" better than the Regent, and she actually lays her legs over the cup holders :confused:

Maedze

I will be trying to sell one Regent now and the other by Sept. Will give STBEX the TB. So in the end will just have this and the TB and possibly a new RSTV.

I plan for her to stay harnessed till she's 8, another 14 months, would really LOVE to keep her harnessed till 9 which I could easily in the Regent, but I won't. There is an inch or a bit more in the top slots of the Frontier. She likes it, a "little bit" better than the Regent, and she actually lays her legs over the cup holders :confused:

Is there a specific behavioral issue or developmental delay? How does she do in a booster? If she was four, I'd say it's a problem, but she's almost seven. I really don't see worrying about keeping her harnessed outside of a developmental problem. :twocents:

singingpond

Installed second slot from top, even with the shoulders, not much room till the last slot. Regent is second from top but there's a lot more room between slot.

Are you saying that, installed, the Regent actually harnesses somewhat higher than the Frontier 85 ? That's interesting, if true.

Are you getting the F85 mainly for future booster use?

Or is there some other reason to switch from Regent to F85? Like trying to install another seat next to your daughter's seat occasionally? Difficulty installing the Regent in some vehicle you need to use? I've read some of your earlier threads, but don't remember if you mentioned issues like that...

HEVY

The Regent does actually harness higher than the Frontier, only explanation is that the Regent is older and the foam may be condensed.

I keep her harnessed because to me she is still so small, the belt only locks on impact and I simply do not trust her or the belt. While she is really good about her car seat safety she has had a few instances that make her unpredicatable. And in most part she is immature, she's an intelligent child, but she acts more like a 4yr old than an almost 7yr old. So I guess it's more behavioral.
You can't see the the slot because of the hood but you can see basically that it is even with her shoulder and this is on the second from top slot.

Last edited:

ginny4

how do you get the regent so upright? is it a pre advisory? camara angle playing tricks on me? LOL

doriansmummy

Wow, I think she has alot of room left for being 7.:thumbsup:
And I guess the hopes would be is that her/you will be ready to start using a booster by the time she is 8 and you will be set with a great booster!

I would be happy if I was in your position with the amount of growth she still has left in it.:twocents:

BTW- She is adorable!

HEVY

how do you get the regent so upright? is it a pre advisory? camara angle playing tricks on me? LOL

This one is a pre-advisory, LBP, no recline bar in this pic. But even with the recline bar it's pretty upright.

Yes she has a lot of room to grow in the pre-advisory, I was hoping she had just as much in the Frontier. It's funny, her torso is 17in and the Frontier is supposed to go up to 20in, yet when it's installed you're lucky to get 18-19in. Does Britax realize this?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC