Pics of my "big" kids in the car

Lea_Ontario

I took these last night.

1808d8e8.jpg

Bug. She's 2½ years old. 29 lbs naked.
That's a Safety 1st Intera, without the base.

d4bdd1de.jpg

Boo. He's 4½ years old. 38 lbs naked.
That's an Evenflo Generations.

Since we were actually in a moving car at the time, I don't have a photo of Bear in his seat - but I need to move him out of his Snugride this weekend - he's already 18.5 lbs (10.5 weeks old !)

ADS

broken4u05

wow one of my guys wasn't even 20 pounds at a year. lol.. he is a big boy (but nothing wrong with that) chubby babies are cute

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
You can see the baby!!!!!! You can see his cute lil face in the mirror. They are all too cute! So have you figured out a configuration that will fit the baby in a convertible? What is he moving into?

Lea_Ontario

So have you figured out a configuration that will fit the baby in a convertible? What is he moving into?

NO !! I haven't got it figured out yet.

I'm going to TRY the spare seat I've got here - it's a Century Accel something-or-other. Not expired at least.

I'm also going to try to fight the Intera into a secure RF position again, if I have to.

I'm at a loss.

There is NO way we can get a van either.

skaterbabs

Adorable!
What about just a bigger car, even if you have to get an older one? Something like a Corsica might work......

Lea_Ontario

Okay - just measured him. Bear is just a few hairs under 26" long.

And the seat isn't the Century Accel - I gave that one away.
It's a Dorel Regal Ride. DOM is in 2004.

I put him in it - got a few pics before he started to freak. I'll process them and post them in a few minutes.

mominabigtruck

The regal ride isn't a bad seat, and its pretty narrow too. Maybe you could put your middle child in the regal ride and the baby in the intera since it has a little more padding for babies. What if you put your oldest in the middle ff and the two on the other side rfing?

Lea_Ontario

The regal ride isn't a bad seat, and its pretty narrow too. Maybe you could put your middle child in the regal ride and the baby in the intera since it has a little more padding for babies. What if you put your oldest in the middle ff and the two on the other side rfing?

- Haven't been able to get a good RF install with the Intera.
- Can't find the tether strap for the Regal Ride.
- Oldest can't go in the middle due to the way his seat adjusts (side knobs)
- DD is much more gentle with Bear, so I want her next to him instead of older DS.

LuvBug

did you try taking out the snugride and putting in the regal ride where the snugride is without moving anything?
maybe it can be a quick changeout!?!?

scatterbunny

The Regal Ride IS narrower than a SnugRide by about an inch (if the SR is on the base; if not, the RR is only about half an inch narrower), so hopefully that will work RF for baby.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC