How many posts is it to become a

ADS

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Senior Community Member ? :)

To check and see if you can become a Senior Community Member go to UserCP, scroll down to Miscellaneous (left hand side) and click on group memberships. It doesn't automatically change your title, I think you have to change it yourself, and if you don't have enough post then it won't give you that option.

southpawboston

huh.. i thought it was automatic according to date joined and/or # of posts... but i guess not!

my membership automatically got bumped to "CPS advocate" when i hit 100 posts.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I think there were changes made in January (I know this is when you joined). I know that I changed my title in the UserCP to Senior Community Member and have the option to change it back. I thought that when I joined the forum that my title started at CPS Advocate but I can't really remember :confused: But I do see that newer members have different titles then members that have been here longer.

LuvBug

I think you have to change it to senior community member, IF you have the option... otherwise the forum has its own naming system. By forum settings I am a CPS fanatic, but decided to try on the senior community member title for a little while.
this is what it says under my groups in the usercp section

You are a member of the following groups:
User Group - User Title - Leave Group
Registered User - CPS Fanatic - (Cannot leave primary group)
Senior Community Member
Car-Seat.Org Child Passenger Safety Advocates - Senior Community Member - Leave Group

and there is a bubble next to the 'leave group' to check if I wanted to leave the group.

and to change who I am identified as it say:
You may choose to be identified as a member of the following groups:
User Group - User Title - (blank)
Registered User - CPS Fanatic - Identify me as a member of this group
Senior Community Member
Car-Seat.Org Child Passenger Safety Advocates - Senior Community Member - Identify me as a member of this group
and there is a bubble next to the 'identify me...' to pick which one I want under my username.

Sorry if that is TMI as to what you can do with it. I just found the option recently lol!

Anyway Im not sure how many posts it is exactly. Maybe Darren can help?
I think after 100 posts you become a CPS Advocate, after 1000 you become a CPS Fanatic. and somewhere in there you are added the option of changing to a senior community member.

canadianmom2three

I looked and it said I had the option to become a senior community member, but I had to apply to a group of other senior community leaders or whatever, to be approved (it was a group of folks like scatterbunny, lovinwaves, joolsplus3, papooses etc...) and then give a reaon why. At that point, I couldn't really think of any worthy reason, so I just left it (is wanting a cool and new title really a worthy reason? Will people listen to my opinion any better if my title has the word senior in it? Do I really have any opinion worth listening to? Maybe I am overthinking the whole thing a bit much, and really I'm happy to be a CPS fanatic;) )

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
The Senior Community Member title is optional for those who have minimum number of posts, reputation and time registered. More information can be found in the sticky post-

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=8936

Senior Community Member Usergroup Leaders moderate usergroup requests for those who do not meet the minimums, completely at their discretion. Right now, it is automatic once you reach the minimums, but this is subject to change.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC