I Am Getting So Angry!

ADS

SPJ&E

At this point, I would call someone. She may not be "abusing" them or "neglecting" them, but she is absolutely putting them in serious danger everytime she puts them in the car.

lovinwaves

You can contact your local police department. All they would probably do is have a talk with her. BUT, there is a chance the officer (if he caught her doing it) could write her up for Child Endangerment. He would need you to sign that you witnessed it though, and would also mean you would probably have to go to court to testify. Not good, if you want to remain anonymous though :(

Can you print out some of the recent news stories posted here about fatal car wrecks? Any of them in your area? I would print some scary news clips up, photos included for shock value, and put them on her windshield or in her doorway. Somewhere on the paper(s), you could write a brief note-- "I'd hate to see this happen to your precious children."

If she ignores your "friendly" heads-up again, call your local police and see what needs to be done to report her.

broken4u05

WOW that is bad. I know someone like that too. she has a less than 2 year old and a 3 year old and does not even own a seat at all. They just use seatbelts. I haven't seen her in a while so i dunno if she changed or not. Good luck. I would call the police or something.. maybe just say hey can you talk to her she might hear him better

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Definitely report her! :eek: Best to do so when see her drive with the kids in the vehicle -- this would be considered gross misuse, so even if you don't have a RF law or proper use clause she should at least get a warning....

Not being aware that what you're doing isn't best is one thing; refusing to learn is something else which I'll never understand :confused: :mad: :(

mominabigtruck

Wait until you see her getting ready to leave and call the police with a description of the car and license plate number. Make sure you tell them which way she is headed. If she is caught with no seats most of the time they make child welfare come out and take the kids at least back to the office because they won't let her drive around with no seats and they won't take the kids either if they don't have seats.

gwenvet

Horrible!!! If I saw that I would jump in my car and call the police on my cell phone, while following her and giving them minute by minute directions on what street she is on until they catch her!!! I did that once when I saw a lady put an infant in a moses basket in the backseat of her car...no carseat, no straps...NOTHING! The police were really happy to have me giving them directions but I lost her in traffic.:mad: Your neighbor definitely deserves a chat with the police before she gets in an accident.

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
Why don't you look up one of the local CPS instructors who might know which officer would be the best to handle it...? There's one officer in our city who is a CPS guru and holds checks on his own time, etc. He'd be the one I'd call, over a random person who might ticket her, get onto her, etc, but still not be able to convince her...? Just a thought. :)

:mad: But definitely turn her in. Something has to be done. And you've done all you can do on your own. :mad:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC