MR vs. TF

ChckLiz

If you have both, or have used both.. which do you prefer and why? I'm still trying to sell one of my Como's and I'm going to replace with one of these so that I can RF comfortably, longer *I know they both offer more leg room than the Como*. So which do you like?

ADS

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
I have both, and I really prefer the My Ride over the True Fit for rear-facing. :twocents: I generally dislike the True Fit as a rear-facing seat. The harness adjuster gets buried in the car's seat, I find the continuous loop harness is a pain to use, and the interior of the seat is really wide. I prefer how my son fits in the My Ride. The sides are so nice and deep, it's easy to adjust the harness, and he can actually rest his head on the side of the seat when he sleeps instead of having to rest his head on his shoulder like he used to do in the True Fit because the seat was so wide his head didn't reach the side of the seat. Also, my son is almost 35 pounds at 2.5 years old, so he can still RF in the My Ride, but we couldn't use the True Fit rear-facing for him anymore (I use it forward-facing for my daughter). I'm a big fan of the 40 pound RFing limit on the My Ride given how my son gains weight.

With that being said, I do like the True Fit as a forward-facing seat, and I don't think I could say that about the My Ride. I don't have a problem just using a convertible for rear-facing and passing it down to a younger family member and then purchasing a new seat for forward-facing, so my opinions about convertibles are biased toward recommending them based on their rear-facing capabilities.

emandbri

I was quite annoyed with the buried adjuster on the true fit. I'm glad I only borrowed the seat for a few weeks and didn't buy it. :whistle: If I had the premier where the adjuster is less likely to be buried I might have liked it more.

Spam

I prefer the TF over the MR. With the premier, the adjuster isn't buried at all and depending on the shape of your seats, the regular version might not be buried either. If you planned to use it as a forward facing seat also after being outgrown rfing, I really like the tf better. The recline of the MR ff is too much for me, and while the tf has a nice ff recline it's not overkill. I quickly adjusted to the continous harness and it doesn't bother me at all. The MR has awesome cupholders and higher rfing limits so it wins there, but as an overall seat i think the TF is better.

NannyMom

I like the MR better. I think it's easier to loosen and tighten (a bit harder with thicker clothes though). It has such deep sides, I love the way it surrounds my kids. Unfortunately, the cupholders make it too wide for the center of my van, so Sofi is in the TFP (but BabyS is in the MR outboard).

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
In my family, four adults, one teen and the RFer all prefer the MR RF. I thought the TF was just fine when I had it; the adjuster does not get buried in my seat so I can access it fine. But I agree the continuous harness is a pain in the arse, the straps fold at the buckle tongs and it's wide so even older toddlers have a very tilted head when they sleep. Oh, and the harness is too many tug, tug, tugs at the end to tighten and always seems to bounce back slightly looser after you let go of the adjuster (this is in three TFs so it's not a fault in one of mine). And the cupholder, grrrr. It's nice and sturdy, but my 3.5 has a tough time reaching her drink in it. It's just not easily accessible.

The MR tightens WAY easier, much nicer for sleeping, cupholders are easily accessible and one can hold a water bottle, the other toys. And DD finds it more comfortable.

In both vehicles we have a MR in thought, it is not compatible FF. It hangs off the front of the seat when the entire base is touching the seat and both Graco U.S.A. and Elfe Canada have said this is not allowed. If the front of the base is on the seat, the rear of the base is off the seat and Graco U.S.A. says this is not allowed (although Elfe says it's fine). Even if the rear of the base off the seat was fine, I get a 45° or greater recline angle FF in both vehicles and she sits at about 30-32° RF!

Mommy2Marcus

I have owned both. For myself & my DH, we both preferred the MR over the TF. I likd the TF ok FF, but HATED it RF. I however absolutly :love: my MR!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC