FP and BRU diapers?

NannyMom

BabyS normally uses Target diapers. I like them :thumbsup: She also uses Pampers when we don't buy at Target. I'm looking at some coupons for BRU diapers or FP diapers. Are they nice like Target's? I know I don't like Walmart's. How are the FP and BRU usually priced? I know we paid like $13 for a big box of Target's last week (it was on sale).

ADS

djma

I can't remember how many dipes were in the pack of the FP, but we love them! I do not use walmart's brand at all b/c I've had such leak issues. These are awesome!! They are $9.99 a pack.

msg221

I've tried the FP diapers and liked them fine. They do seem a little bulkier and thicker compared to Pampers though, but as long as they don't leak, I'm fine with it!

CommMom

Senior Community Member
We've used the BRU brand dipers in the past and did not like them at all. DS had about half of them leak. I won't buy them for him again.

That said, DS has huge thighs...so we have always had a hard time with diapers for him. It's been trial and error to find things that will work and he's almost always one size above the weight limits/suggestions. At first, the only thing that didn't leak was Pampers. Now, he can wear Pampers, Huggies, or the Target brand. (I usually combine a manufacturer's coupon w/ a Target coupon or a manufacturer's w/ a BRU coupon to get a better deal on Huggies or Pampers...most of the time that brings it close to the cost of the the Target brand.)

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
Nicholas wears Target diapers. I actually like their fit better than the big brands, very trim. We've used the FP diaps as well. No problems except when he's ready to go up a size, then they leak---but they all do when they're getting too small. FP are definately bulkier.

Susan

Athena

What is FP? The only thing I can think of is Fisher Price. I tried those recently. I got a good price on Amazon (subscribe and save) and generally liked them, except for the sizing. Although the diapers are plenty big around, they seem to be made for shorter babies/toddlers than mine. I probably won't buy them again for that reason. Otherwise, they were fine.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yes, FP is Fisher Price :).

Working at BRU, I hear lots of parents love the FP, but the BRU ones, no one likes, and kids with sensitive skin really can be affected by them, we get lots of returns because kids get rashes from them :(.

Meg

I only use FP and BRU diapers. The FP are really nice, soft, and absorbent, but run a little small. My little guy was wearing size 2s by 6 weeks old. I like the BRU a lot better than other store brands (Target, Walmart, etc). I think they are nicer, but they need to be the 'BRU Supreme.' The regular BRU diapers feel like the other store brand diapers and feel hard and thin.

SavsMom

I really liked the FP diapers - when my daughter would get them we would get the small packages - as the big boxes were combo packs of day and night diapers (and the night ones just didn't work for us). The small packages are about $9.99 normally - so not a big savings. We ended up sticking with the Target brand as they were so cheap (a box of 82? size 4s was $13.69) and they worked great for us.

Dillipop

I bought a few packs of the BRU supreme diapers and thought they were just as good as the major brands and as good as the target ones as well. I've never tried the regular BRU dipes, though.

Auntie2six

My sister uses the BRU ones and she loves them. She bought a bunch of big boxes of them around Black Friday shopping time to stock up on them, they were on sale for a large box for $5 dollars. My nephew is in about a size either 4 or 5, not sure and they work great. No leakage or anything. I think as a PP posted, they are the supreme ones as well, but I could be mistaken. Never tried the FP ones before, just Price Chopper, Pampers, Huggies, Luvs, and BRU, and the Wal-Mart ones which we don't like either.
We don't really like these diapers for overnight though because they don't seem to hold up as well. My sisters and I use the BRU diapers through the day and then at night and only for night time we buy Pampers diapers. This method has worked wonders for us. Hope this helped.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Definitely glad to hear something positive about the BRU dipes :thumbsup: I'll recommend the Supremes if anyone asks, though, just to be safe :whistle:

Cryssy Jane

We use the FP dipers on S. She's got very sensitive skin and the BRU diapers make her break out in rashes, although pampers, huggies and luvs do the same thing as well. I didn't find them to run small at all. S usually wears 3s but can still fit into 2s with no problems either (she'll be 1 on the 15th).

jnamommy

We have never tried the FP, but we mainly use the BRU. I have tried the Supremes a couple of times and like them, but we like the regular ones just as well so it ends up being a better deal.

Mylilboyblue

I have never tried the FP ones so I can't comment on them, but I have tried the BRU ones. Both the regular and the "Supreme". I honestly thought that they ran small. My son who was in a size 5 Target, Huggies, and Costco brand needed a size 6 and even then the fit on him wasn't great. We never had leaks, but again I change them very often. My DD leaked out from the moment we put them on her. She was a size 3 but the rise was too big and so were the legs. Strange how diapers fit kids differently. I had one unopened box of size 6s that I returned without a receipt. They gave me hard time even though it was their brand diapers. Finally when I tracked down my husband with the CC that they were bought on, they took them back. That experience alone makes me not want to shop there too often.

Meg

I had one unopened box of size 6s that I returned without a receipt. They gave me hard time even though it was their brand diapers. Finally when I tracked down my husband with the CC that they were bought on, they took them back. That experience alone makes me not want to shop there too often.

I just went through the same thing this weekend! I have 5 unopened packs of size 1 BRU diapers (66 to a pack) that I tried to exchange this weekend for size 2s (same price, but 60 to a pack), but they wouldn't allow it. The diapers were gifts and others I bought with gift cards, so they couldn't look up the receipts for me. It stinks. :(

poohbear

I think I'm in the minority here, but we bought FP overnight diapers for DS and they were AWFUL - leaked like crazy. I then bought target in a size bigger and they were great. I personally like the target diapers better than the FP (at least the night ones, I haven't tried the day ones) - they are softer and less rigid if that makes sense. I've never tried the BRU ones. we use pampers during the day.
On a side note, personally, I find BRU's return policy on diapers to be a bit annoying. I mean Safeway took back a pack of diapers when I brought them in because they leaked, but BRU said once they're opened they can't take them back, even if they leak. :shrug-shoulders:

louisandheather

I bought the BRU diapers for our two year old and he had a horrible reaction to them. BRU took them back and issued a full refund without question. The Fisher Price diapers work pretty well and we had no complaints about them.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC