Compass is coming out with a new booster with LATCH!

pharmdmom

Just came across this today:

http://www.learningcurve.com/product/detail/Y11151?locale=en_US

I saw on kids-n-cribs.com that this should be available mid-April. :) It does not say how high the tallest belt guide will be, but at least there will be another booster with LATCH on the market. The retail price will be $119.99. I know it did not get the best rating for fit according to the IIHS web site, but both my kids used the B510 version just fine. And the footprint is narrow enough that it fit in the captain's chairs well.

I may have to wait to order this for hubby's car! :D

ADS

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
I know it did not get the best rating for fit according to the IIHS web site

The reason it got such a poor rating was because of unreliable positioning of the lap belt. If you zoom in under the armrests, it looks like they have addressed this problem with a new belt routing design. Quite impressive actually.

Maedze

The reason it got such a poor rating was because of unreliable positioning of the lap belt. If you zoom in under the armrests, it looks like they have addressed this problem with a new belt routing design. Quite impressive actually.

Hey, Dorel! Yes, you, I'm talking to you! Look! Take notes!

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
interesting.
Actually...i really like the way it looks.
The belt guide looks like it will keep the belt down. the way the seat reclines looks comfy. The headwings are substantial. The folding is nice. the price point is reasonable. All in all, seems like a very excellent choice. Might have to look into this one.

Maedze

interesting.
The belt guide looks like it will keep the belt down. the way the seat reclines looks comfy. The headwings are substantial. The folding is nice. the price point is reasonable. All in all, seems like a very excellent choice. Might have to look into this one.

If it adjusts TALL...you know, a few inches above the old one, I might re-evaluate my long term plan, get one for Bean the One in 15 months or so when Bean the Three outgrows the MR rear facing, and pass the Nauti down to the little guy.

scatterbunny

I always liked our old Compass B510 quite a lot; it positioned the lap belt decently on my dd when we used it, and it supported her long legs very well. The flip-up armrests were a hit (both for comfort and ease of buckling). The major down sides to the older Compass booster were the inconsistent lap belt positioning (on the younger kiddos, especially) and the fact that it's not one of the taller boosters on the market.

This new Pathway booster seems to offer better lap belt positioning, tall armrests that will actually work as armrests for children, and LATCH. As others mentioned, I really, really hope it adjusts a couple inches taller than the old Compass booster. :cool:

lukensophie

Senior Community Member
I also like that you can adjust the fit of the shoulder belt without adjusting the height of the seat. The shoulder guides slide back and forth. Nice! :thumbsup:

hsjwmom

interesting.

Huh, it really does look nice! Like PP said, if it adjusts taller than the older ones, then it is definitely a contender for dd2's next booster.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
If it adjusts TALL...you know, a few inches above the old one, I might re-evaluate my long term plan, get one for Bean the One in 15 months or so when Bean the Three outgrows the MR rear facing, and pass the Nauti down to the little guy.

Well...I'm assuming the taller adjustment shot in the 360 view is probably the talelst. It says 6-position adjustment, and the bottom one is obvious, and then they show the mid height and then that top height. I'd be willwing to bet those were teh 3rd and 6th adjustments. I think you can extrapolte pretty easily about how tall it is.

i really like the belt guide adjustment as well...that will be SO helpful.
I'm really, REALLY liking this seat.

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
I like! I wonder if it will be widely distributed or another more "specialty" type seat. It's tough to imagine Target carrying a booster with a price point of $100+.

cookie123

Now my hopes are up again. The Cybex was a bust for me with 19 inch belt guides. I so want latch. June will be here before you know it!

a_js

Woo hoo--we're so getting this!

Just what we were looking for, exactly. :D Where do you guys see it on Kids-n-cribs? I must be blind, I really want to preorder though..

pharmdmom

On kids-n-cribs.com, it now says you can pre-order now and it will ship in May. The price is down to $109.95 and it looks like for now the only color you can get is this "bumblebee" black with yellow trim (which I actually do like :thumbsup: ).

The highest belt guide on the B510 is 20 inches, so my DD is just at that setting. If it would go to 21 inches like the Monterey or Parkway I really think it would provide them some competition!

From what I can tell, it does not look like it will have the rigid LATCH like the Clek seats. I still love the fact it will have it. :love:

Just to add I am in no way affiliated with Compass or kids-n-cribs. I happen to be on the Compass site last night trying to figure out the height of the B540 since we are having major issues with a booster for hubby's car and came across the B570. I then found it on kids-n-cribs using Google.

It really would be nice if big box stores would carry more of these types of seats. Target now carries the B510 but when I first got it a few years ago I had to order it online. I am sure if there was more of a demand stores would carry these in person; unfortunately I know too many people that would never pay more than say $30 for a booster. One of my friends almost choked when she found out how much the Olli was.

The B570 looks like a great seat and it looks like they addressed the lap belt positioning problem. If the belt guide is higher than 20 inches, this may be the seat that I finally am able to get into hubby's car!

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
Heck, I choked when I first learned how much the Olli cost!!! I'd probably buy one but I still thinks it's way pricey!!!!

I do think the avg parent is just not looking for the tallest high back booster so I don't think 20 inch belt guides is a bad thing. It's not the tallest out there but it is tall.

TnT's Mom

The older Compass boosters (B500 and B510) have worked well for my oldest but do not fit my younger son well due to the lap belt position. I think this new one would solve that problem and hopefully work well for my younger son since he does not like the PWSG that we have. He still fits in his Nautilus but we are getting closer everyday to outgrowing it. I love that the Compass folds for travel. I wonder if this new one will fit in the same size travel bag that the older ones fit in, since I already have two. I don't mind the Bumblebee color but wonder if it will be released in other colors.

pharmdmom

Heck, I choked when I first learned how much the Olli cost!!! I'd probably buy one but I still thinks it's way pricey!!!!

I do think the avg parent is just not looking for the tallest high back booster so I don't think 20 inch belt guides is a bad thing. It's not the tallest out there but it is tall.

I felt the same way about the Olli until I got it. It really is the nicest booster I have ever seen. Unfortunately it had to go back. :crying:

My DD has a super long torso so I am in the minority of wanting a seat with a super tall belt guide. I know I could have her in a backless but I would feel sooo much better with her in a HBB.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC