Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Radian RF on plane?

Anybody have any experience with this? Or installing it in an Ody or MDX?

TIA
    Mom to a Crew! Boys 10, 6, 4 and 2 and Girls 9 and 2!
    Don't ask me if I'm having more, I may be tempted to say yes!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Radian RF on plane?

I've never tried, I I think that it would be nearly impossible to install RFing on a plane. There would be no way to unbuckle the seatbelt IF you could get it buckled. I think that a belt extender would be too long to get tight.

I have done FFing installs and it's really easy with a few tricks. Much easier than a Britax FFing.

I would use it FFing on a plane for a child over 20 lb 1 yr, but then use it RFing in the vehicle if that might work for you.

I keep wanting to try it RFing on a plane just to know for sure, but I haven't been able to convince myself to carry the boot on and mess with it "just for fun." LOL. I suppose I could take it into DH's airport and try it on a small plane since some have the same seatbelts, but I just haven't been motivated!

9 yr old in a pink zebra NBB and 5-stepping
    6 yr DS1 old in a Harmony
    4 yr old DS2 in a Nautilus and Radian
    18 mo DS3 rfing in a MyRide65