Some pics of the kids in seats from the update!

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Here's Ilana in the Oobr. She's right at the min weight (33#) and fits really well! It was scary to look at her and know people have their kids right like that, or worse, all the time!

AJ in the Oobr too. He was sooooo not thrilled about the pink, lol.

Here's Olivia in the Complete Air. Still right at the bottom slots!

Ilana in the FR85. The highest slot is up by the top's of her ears!

Olivia in the Shuttle 33. I really like this seat, but look at how small it is. I don't think she has any more room in this over a SR22.

ADS

crunchierthanthou

Olivia in the Shuttle 33. I really like this seat, but look at how small it is. I don't think she has any more room in this over a SR22.

IIRC, that headrest goes way up, and the 1" rule is in relation to the headrest, not the shell. :thumbsup:

Either set of shoulder harness slots may be used provided the harness slots are at
or just below top of infant’s shoulders and top of headrest is at least 1 inch (25 mm) above top of infant’s head (fig. b).

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
That could be, I couldn't remember. That makes me like it more again. :) It has 2 sets of harness slots and 8 harness positions, so 16 positions for the harness!

crunchierthanthou

yup, and those top positions put the headrest several inches beyond the shell. :) I like it quite a bit, especially with the Chicco style base instead of the old Shuttle one.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
I really like the Shuttle 33 too. And being a birth and up seat, t s a really nice option for preemies.

Last edited:

MustangMama

Were you @ a store in your town that carries the Oobr? I might have to come visit and try it in my car. I have been wanting to for a while.

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
Other than the pink issue, how did AJ like the Oobr? He is about the same size as my Allie. I love it but just wish it had the same depth as the Monterey.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I think he was too mad it was pink to care, lol. It's the booster he wants though, in Skurvy. ;)

Last edited:

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
LOVE Skurvy. I think it will be the prefect seat for tiny ds when and if he ever gets to ride in a booster! He tried it out when it first came out and it was a pretty good fit for him, even then.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
It fit Ilana well which was scary to see! It would fit Evan well too I'm sure. My battery died and I couldn't take anymore pics. :( I told him maybe next year if he sits well in his PW for the next year, lol.

Kat_Momof3

the belt fit IS scary good on Ilana... but I wouldn't call it a good fit for a kid because, even without the oobr or olli being extremely deep, her legs aren't bending at the edge... which (for most kids who don't have obsessed carseat geeks as parents), means kids will slouch

I think Evan JUST fits... with his knees just long enough to bend naturally... and I LOVE LOVE LOVE his expression... "Mom, what the heck are you doing putting me in this pink fiasco??"

and yes, if you look up a previous thread about the combi shuttle 33... it does go much taller and is pretty awesome

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I never thought about her legs as I'm just assuming she'll sit cross legged like Evan does in his seat, lol. He never has his legs dangle. :) My kids have short legs so the leg support complaints others have had, we don't have a problem w/.

Callansmomma

CPS Technician
We have a Skurvy as our spare. My son really likes it. He is 5 yrs 3.5 mos, 44", and 40 lbs. Let me see if I can get him to sit in it today in my Jeep and I'll take a picture.

Okay, here are the pictures. The lap belt looks a little high, but it is really on the tops of his thighs. It seems the fit is a little better in my husband's Corolla. I'd get a picture, but I just reinstalled the Nautilus this afternoon and it is a pain to get in and out of that car.

He also refused to really sit with his shoulders and head in the center of the seat. He was playing happily when I disturbed him to take the pictures.

P4030215.jpg
[/IMG]

P4030216.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

Kat_Momof3

I never thought about her legs as I'm just assuming she'll sit cross legged like Evan does in his seat, lol. He never has his legs dangle. :) My kids have short legs so the leg support complaints others have had, we don't have a problem w/.

I think about legs because Ruthie doesn't like crossing them... it's good for her... the orthopedist AND podiatrist said it would help the muscles on the outer leg and help her start turning out (or heck, just straight would be enough for me) more... but, especially in the car, she really hates doing it (she has to in school both for compliance... at circle time/other carpet times where they do group activities... as well as so others behind her can see over her head... so she's not a good 3" taller because she's sitting on her knees, as well as because sitting in a W is bad for the spine and her legs/feet)... it's one reason I got her the Vivo... over the turbo... and it's why I ruled out using the Nauti as a booster (she would slouch to make her legs comfy)

She prefers a shallow seat where she can then pull her legs up if she wants... and rest her heels (in the vivo, she can still have almost half her foot actually) on the vehicle seat in front of the booster... without moving her butt from proper placement.

If the armrests on her booster were longer, or if I pulled down the vehicle ones, I have no doubt she would do what she did up till she got booted from the Nautilus when she outgrew it... fling one or both legs over the armrests.

But I get what you mean... and I wouldn't have thought about the legs and that before Ruthie... the boys were just so compliant... couldn't have cared less about if their legs bent at the edge... they didn't cross them, but they didn't complain or care, either... but as they've gotten older and I noticed how comfortable it was to have the room to cross or to have them bend naturally (and of course, not knowing if your kids were leg crossers, I mentioned it), I tend to think about making sure that kids can have their legs comfortable in a seat so they won't slouch (with boosters, I'm basically doing a 5-step test in them like I would with a vehicle seat... because hey... it's basically the same thing... seatbelt fit and seat fit)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC