Help with a suggestion of a seat

swtgi1982

Ok so here is the story, DD best friend in currently riding in a way out dated harnessed century seat in her parents car. She is 4yr old and just a tad under 40 lbs. I can not honestly see her parents even thinking about buying another harnessed seat since this is their fourth and last child. What would you suggest to them, when also telling them that expired seats are not ideal. Ma would probably opt to switching her to a booster, which I know she has to be close to 40lb since she is heavier then DD who is 37lbs and much taller.

ADS

Mommy2Marcus

I would suggest either the Evenflo Meastro or Generations 65 to her. Both are under $100 & should get her to age 5-6 in the harness since she is smaller. However I would look at her torso & see if she more torso or more legs. If she is more torso she will do better in the Meastro than the Gen 65. It will probably be better all around as it is cheaper. Around $80 if I remember correctly.

swtgi1982

I would suggest either the Evenflo Meastro or Generations 65 to her. Both are under $100 & should get her to age 5-6 in the harness since she is smaller. However I would look at her torso & see if she more torso or more legs. If she is more torso she will do better in the Meastro than the Gen 65. It will probably be better all around as it is cheaper. Around $80 if I remember correctly.

I just do not know if her mom will go for it. I guess I can only try. As I know she has her just turned 6yr old in a NB Turbo, and I think she actually weighs less then her little sister.

midwestmeg

Tagging off this thread since I am in the market for a backup seat with a 5 point harness for a kiddo about the same age/size... :)

I want to get rid of my Graco-cargo and replace it!! :p

I will check out the Maestro. :)

Marcus's mom; is the Elite worth the extra $$?!! I can't wait to move my son into a Nauti and I was looking at that one. ;) Sorry, OT, I know.

Mommy2Marcus

I just do not know if her mom will go for it. I guess I can only try. As I know she has her just turned 6yr old in a NB Turbo, and I think she actually weighs less then her little sister.

Yeah, all you can do is to try. If not then you did the best you could do. In the end if she winds up with a high back turbo, at least she is better off in a new seat than an old expired seat. Right?

Tagging off this thread since I am in the market for a backup seat with a 5 point harness for a kiddo about the same age/size... :)

I want to get rid of my Graco-cargo and replace it!! :p

I will check out the Maestro. :)

Marcus's mom; is the Elite worth the extra $$?!! I can't wait to move my son into a Nauti and I was looking at that one. ;) Sorry, OT, I know.

Deffinatly look into the Meastro. It seems to be a really good seat for taller skinnier kids. I have been very happy with our Generations 65 to, but it does have shorter top slots. However I have a shorty torsoed kid!

As for the Elite. I have REALLY liked it so far. As for being worth the extra money, for me it was as I was able to get it for the same price as the regular is. I used the trade in at BRU & got 25% off. So that took $50 off of it. I also GREATLY preferred the cover on the Elite b/c it is not mesh & my son is pretty rough on things, so I was afraid the mesh would not fair well with us. I also really liked the adjustable head wings on it b/c of how it seemed to enclose my son's head so much better, again b/c he is very petite.

I played with both for a good long while trying to decide between the 2. I went back & forth. However in the end I decided I would like the Elite the best. I think it is really a personal decision in the end. If you can, then I would go to BRU & play with both of them. I also have pictures of him in the Elite at 3 1/2. However the only picture I have of him in the regular is when he was 2. LOL. Let me know if you want to see them. Make sure to PM me so I will not miss the request though!

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
The Maestro is great, but will leave them needing a booster later. What about something like the Vivo assuming child can sit well. The parents are going to do what they want anyways, but you might as well suggest something nice.

swtgi1982

The Maestro is great, but will leave them needing a booster later. What about something like the Vivo assuming child can sit well. The parents are going to do what they want anyways, but you might as well suggest something nice.

they are all about cheap, they never have used HBB turbos just NB turbos, so this may take a little education with this one

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC