Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Thread: forum display Q

forum display Q

has anyone else noticed the fonts and eveything else suddenly getting TINY to the point of almost being unreadable? Mine literally switched as I was typing, and I tried switchingto the default forum display and nada.
    Rebekah Branch, CPST from May 2005 until June 2011
    Mom to CJ (7/96, seatbelt), Gregory (4/98, seatbelt), & Joyjoy (10/03, misc. booster seats)
    "That which you create in beauty and goodness and truth lives on."
    - Denis Waitley

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Advocate

Re: forum display Q

is it the forum or is it your screen?
    there is a way to adjust the size of the font on your window by ctrl+scroll or by view>text size>'whatever size you want'

I screw up the ctrl+scroll one all the time... not sure how!
    “Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes...
    That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away AND you have their shoes.”

Ick, no not here....
    TIFF ~ doula & all hours childcare provider
    SCARLA: winter '02 . . . Jr. Roller Derby level III
    BEAR: spring '11 ... Recaro Sport + Clek Oobr
    RAHNE: summer '17 ... MicoMax30 + RadianRXT
    childcare: 0-7yrs... Contender + Frontier Clicktight
    {emergencies: Scenera Next, Highback, Topside}

I can't figure out what it could be, because I haven't changed any settings on my computer thatI can tell, and I'm not having this problem at other sites.

edit: this is really bizzarre, I close the window, left the site and came back to find it back to normal. ?
    Mom to CJ (7/96, seatbelt), Gregory (4/98, seatbelt), & Joyjoy (10/03, misc. booster seats)
    - Denis Waitley

No settings have been changed recently on the forums. If you find that the problem is forum related and find a fix, please post! Thanks!

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skaterbabscpst View Post
    has anyone else noticed the fonts and eveything else suddenly getting TINY to the point of almost being unreadable? Mine literally switched as I was typing, and I tried switchingto the default forum display and nada.
    I was going to say yes, but duh, it's only b/c I have to use DH's mac while my laptop is dead, and every time I open even a cached page, it's got eency weency text...I have to click 'make it BIGGER!' every time I open the page :P

Or I'm just getting old and blind
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

Carseat Crazy

On a Mac, in Safari, you can do Preferences...from the Safari menu, then click Advanced, select Universal Access box for Never make font sizes smaller than "select a number you like" ...I set it to 14

If you try it, let me know if it works for you!

Carseat Crazy

Weirdness in general with your web browser suggests that you need to empty your cache (delete it). If it continues, you may have font corruption. Fonts that your computer uses to display the text, but that is a bit less common than a corrupt cache for your web browser.

Yeah, I empty my cashe about once a week, and did so just a couple of days ago. Who knows what caused it, we defragged the hard drive after we went to bed last night, maybe that will make things run more smoothly.
    - Denis Waitley

Quote Originally Posted by skaterbabscpst View Post
    I can't figure out what it could be, because I haven't changed any settings on my computer thatI can tell, and I'm not having this problem at other sites.

edit: this is really bizzarre, I close the window, left the site and came back to find it back to normal. ?
    Ghosts????
    Jacqui ~ Rylan ~ 08.13.02 ~ 57.2lbs on 9/26/08 ~ Radian 65
    Join Starlight's Book Club, read your manuals! Car seats are cheaper than caskets & you can use them more than once. How much did your wedding cost? How long did it last? Does your child's safety seem more affordable now?

LOL

Maybe someone forgot to feed the mice?
    - Denis Waitley

Quote Originally Posted by wondering1 View Post
    On a Mac, in Safari, you can do Preferences...from the Safari menu, then click Advanced, select Universal Access box for Never make font sizes smaller than "select a number you like" ...I set it to 14

If you try it, let me know if it works for you!
    I'll try that next time, thanks for the tip! (I'm so used to my PC... macs are easy, probably TOO easy, so I don't look to the obvious solution first!)

Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

CPS Fanatic

hmm... i don't notice any difference between my PC at work and my mac at home, in terms of font size for this site.
    Two girls, 7 and 6. Trek Mountain, Specialized Hotrock, Soma Buena Vista, Bike Friday tandem, and multiple other bikes. Oh, and a Mazda5.

It's probably just some lame setting in the mac...it's really dh's work laptop, so I haven't dug around too hard in it, it's just set to "people with young good eyes that want a million words per page" as it's default, and I'm just not that intense, lol.
    Julie

It's not the mac. It did that to me yesterday, but just once. When I closed the window and came back it was normal. I thought it was just my computer doing something so I didn't think anything of it!!

weird...I don't have a mac either.
    - Denis Waitley