Question If you own a Monterey......

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
Have you had any problems with the side wings moving out on their own?

Also, can you manually push them out? I spoke to Russ at SK about this today (finally) and told him they just gradually moved out but when I brought the seat in the house I realized that I could actually pull them out myself. It took some pressure but not an insane amount of pressure.

Just wondering if this common. Russ said it happened with only a few seats earlier in production. Ours was 4/08. I can't remember when they came on the market so can't recall if this would be considered early or not.

I'm just curious.

ADS

MomToEliEm

I have two monterey seats (bought a year apart, though not sure of the mfg date) and the side wings on both can easily move out to the widest position by just pushing on them.

my2boys0508

CPS Technician
I have a 7-09 and haven't had this issue. I just checked to see if I could push them out myself and they didn't budge. We've only used this seat a handful of times so far, so it's definitely something I will keep my eye on once it gets used more often.

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
Oh no, I don't think it's a safety issue. It's an issue for my dd because as the wings extend out it's too darn roomy and she is getting out of position every time she moves.

He said they had reports of this happening to a few seats but that the issue was fixed in all newer seats. He said it didn't happen with all seats.

ginny4

for the record i never contacted SK about it at all since its not saefty related. it wasn't a problem with my boys since they used it with wings fully open. however i can easily move them by hand. hoping my DD won't have an issue as she will need the wings fully closed to fit her best

emandbri

Mine come out a little. I had them on the tightest setting and noticed when I moved the seat last week they had moved out, I put them back. Just checked and after a week they were out about 2 inches measuring at the top. I tried to move them from the front and they moved about halfway. Mine was made 4/08.

Someone call Russ and ask about duct taping it, I don't have time.

chasingboys

Ours does too, it's a 9/08 manufacture date (if I remember correctly). I also have one latch hook that is now somehow broken :( I ordered from diapers.com and got a seat that was already 10 months old! I haven't had it for a year (it'll be a year in July) but I'm pretty sure it's out of warranty...right?

emandbri

Ours does too, it's a 9/08 manufacture date (if I remember correctly). I also have one latch hook that is now somehow broken :( I ordered from diapers.com and got a seat that was already 10 months old! I haven't had it for a year (it'll be a year in July) but I'm pretty sure it's out of warranty...right?

Go ahead and call them and see what they say. How is it broken?

Kat_Momof3

mine would gradually close... but not all the way... just a tiny bit, really... but we needed every millimeter for broad-shoulder'd Jeffrey. I believe firmly that it was from the way my captain's chairs curve in on the sides... that, combined with the pressure of DS's back against the seat seemed to cause it.

I could not pull them out and push them in without turning the knob.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC