Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Magna brand balance bike?

Anyone heard of or seen it?

http://www.magnabike.com/model_view.php?ID=16

The reason I ask is because Target had two of them on clearance for $20.98! I have no idea what the regular price is, they were not marked, nor was the shelf. They just had a red clearance tag on the shelf so I took one over to the scanner and found out the price. I grabbed them both for the kids, not knowing if it's actually a decent bike or not, but I figured I can return one or both later if I decide against it.

What do you think? I can't find anything online about it, except the link above.

How old are kids when they typically start out on balance bikes? Tyler is so eager to ride... he tries to ride the trikes at the open gym playtime that we go to on Wednesday nights, so I think he'd be interested... just not sure if he's big enough. I didn't open the boxes yet, so they aren't assembled.

Any thoughts??
    Jenny
    CPST and mommy to
    Jessica 6.18.06 and Tyler 8.5.08
    Both riding in Frontier 85s

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar

Re: Magna brand balance bike?

Score! As long as his feet reach the ground, I don't see why he wouldn't like it . I had an Italtrike one that was preschool-grade and heavy heavy heavy, so it was no fun for Leah before age 2, this looks like a light enough bike, magna makes regular bikes for discount stores that are fine, especially for that rockin' price!
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

Cool, thanks! The boxes were pretty light, so hopefully he can manage it. I'm just afraid DD might be too tall already... her size 4 slim pants are getting short.
    Jenny
    CPST and mommy to

Quote Originally Posted by Mommy0608 View Post
    Cool, thanks! The boxes were pretty light, so hopefully he can manage it. I'm just afraid DD might be too tall already... her size 4 slim pants are getting short.
    If she's too big, you can sell it to me I'm hoping to get one for my dd for her birthday in June.

Heather ~ CRST ~ mom to...
    S ~ Harmony nbb, K ~ Parkway SG
    M ~ Radian XTSL, S ~ Fllo
    T ~ June 4, 2016 ~ Boulevard G4.1

Hm, maybe this wasn't as huge of a bargain as I thought... I just found a clearance sticker on the box that says it was $29.99. Not sure if that was the original price, or a previous markdown. Oh well... $20 for a balance bike IS a good deal, regardless of the original price.
    Jenny
    CPST and mommy to

I bought mine for $29.99, regular price at my target,

for those wondering, the lowest seat height is about 11.75 inches, and the highest is between 15 and 16....it depends on if you go by the "minimum insertion" line, or if you put it up a bit higher (there's no reason you can't, thetre is a LOT of pole left after the line)
    it says for ages 3-4, and in reality, probably ages 2-3.5 is who it is going to fit. Depending on size of course, but I'd say this is a good option for the bigger 1.5 year olds, almost all 2 year olds, as well as barely 3 year olds. Once you get to 3.5-4 yo, larger kids are going to be too big. but it's a good ba;ance bike for the younger, smaller set, at significant savings over a brand name like the Strider. I'd say it's very similar tyo the walmart brand $30 10-inch one in both size and quality.
    I think it's great that small balance bikes are getting out there to the general public, at affordable prices, at common stores. For parents getting to the balance bike game a bit later, with 4-5 year old kids, these will be too small, and the bigger 12 inch balance bikes are going to be more appropriate.

Alex, 8 Katie, 12 and Annabelle Jan 2017