Do I need a new seat? What should I get?....

What should I get?

• Get a radian 80

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Get a radian XT

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Get a nautilus

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Get a frontier ;)

• Get something else

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • clicky box

• Total voters

emandbri

I finally told my SIL about TC and the marathons and I've decided to sell her my radian 80. She needs it more than I do since she is replacing two seats one for her 5 year old and one for her 3 year old.

I am waiting on a radian XTSL and before this my plan was to put the XTSL in the van and the 80 in Brian's camry. Before I sold my radian 65 I had that radian FF outboard behind the passenger because it was easier for Benjamin, Daniel, or Jacob to buckle if they were in the car too than it would be if the radian was in the middle. Brian does not want a rear-facing seat in his car.

The seat was primary used for Elizabeth but I would also put Benjamin in if I had just Benjamin and one of the boys since it is easier for Benjamin to buckle himself in the radian than a booster when next to the radian or next to Daniel or Jacob.

My original plan was to buy another XT. The radian in Brian's car is very close to the door and I would feel better if Elizabeth had the headwings. If I get the XT though Benjamin would not be able to use it. He is right at the top slots and folks here have said that using the seat when shoulders are past the top slots just doesn't work in the XTs.

So then I was wondering if I shouldn't get another 80 so they both could use it.

I could go ahead and get the XT and have Benjamin in a booster if I need to take him in the camry. Right now I'm picking Benjamin and Daniel up at school MWF and sometimes need to fit them easily in Brian's car but Daniel starts middle school in Aug so I only have two more months where I need to pick them up. I don't take Brian's car all that often, maybe 2 or 3 times a month I can try to make sure those 2 days are on T/ th.

Then after telling my SIL how great the nautilus would be for her 5 year old now I'm kind of wanting one. Some of you may know I had planned to buy one for Benjamin but didn't want gray so I bought a second radian instead. By the time they came out with a brown one he would have outgrow it in a short amount of time. Elizabeth would love a pink nautilus and if it is Brian's car I won't have to see it much! :whistle:

I'm not all that concerned about needing the narrowness of the radian in his car. Since I sold my 65 before getting the XT my only other seat for Elizabeth is the my ride and last week I was able to have her in the my ride, Benjamin in the star riser, and Daniel in a seat belt and it worked. My star riser does expire at the end of the month but I will still have the parkway.

Oh I did think of another reason why another radian might be the way to go. If I had XTs in both cars I could have one extra cover to keep with me in case she does have an accident. If I get the nautilus I won't have an extra cover.

I'm just not all that fond of the frontier old style or 85 so I'm not considering it.

I don't want to keep the my ride in Brian's car because I use it when I carpool with my friend about 2 or 3 times a month. It would be too much of a pain to have my carpooling seat and seat in Brian's car be the same seat. I have been doing it while waiting for my XT and it is driving me nuts. I guess my title is now wrong. ;) by the end of my post I decided I really do need another new seat.

So what should I get? :D

ADS

emandbri

She will be rfing in my van. I could try talking brian into letting me put a radian rfing in his car. I hadn't asked him since I didn't have a seat with a higher weight that would fit there anyway.

emandbri

Interesting, after posting I was thinking another radian might be the way to go and nobody voted for one.

I think it is very funny that people are voting for the frontier, I put it in the poll as a joke. :whistle:

Those who don't mind sharing why did you choose the nautilus over the radian? I do think the nautilus would be easier to install than the radian (it is a lot of work to get the radian in) but I also don't think I'll be taking the seat out very often so I'm not sure if I care about that all that much.

emandbri

I wanted to update that I have decided to get a nautilus and after getting my XTSL ventura cover I'm very glad I choose the nautilus instead! ;) Oh and Benjamin would not be able to use the XTSL.

I haven't gotten it yet, hopefully next week my wal-mart is out of daisy.

Last edited:

emandbri

I got the cover on the nautilus washed and put it in Brian's car yesterday and Elizabeth LOVES it! It went in very easy and fits her great! I need to move the straps up. In the living room she was on the second slots but in the car she needs the third.

I was worried she would want it in the van but she didn't say anything about it at all. It will be so nice to have a seat in Brian's car again!

It is driving me crazy that I can't put up pictures of her in it and in her new floral XTSL but the camera is MIA.

Oh and I tried Benjamin in it and he is right at the top slots. It did fit him great as a booster, lap belt fairly low.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC