Comparison Pics of the Recaro Vivo vs. SK Monterey *PIC HEAVY*

MOM25BOYS

I thought I would post pics before I sent my last Vivo off to a new home. :)

I was hesitant about buying a SK Monterey for the boys and not being able to try it first to make sure it fit properly. I was soooo happy to have another member close by (Thanks Lysandra! :love:) that had one and was able to sell it to me if the boys fit right. Well here are some side by side pics of DS2 and DS3 in their Recaro Vivo's compared to the SK Monterey. First off I must say that I saw after taking the pics that DS2's headrest needed to be a notch down on the Monterey and fixed it afterwards. :thumbsup:

I was very, very pleased at how much more leg support and shoulder room the Monterey offered my boys. I know I have pics somewhere of the boys in the Vivo's when they were bought just at a year ago and I have had to move the headrest up 2 notches since then. :eek:

DS2 is 6yrs 7mths old..52-53lbs and not sure of height, but all legs! :p
DS3 is 5yrs 8mths old..51-52lbs and not sure of height again, but all torso! :rolleyes:
There is about 1 inch of height difference in my boys.

Enjoy! :)

Recaro Vivo Pics.... Not alot of leg support anymore and shoulders are looking cramped to me.

007-3-1.jpg
012-1-1.jpg

008-3-1.jpg
013-1.jpg

009-3-1.jpg
014-2-1.jpg

Monterey Pics on Next Post since I ran out of room! :p:p

Last edited:
ADS

MOM25BOYS

SK Monterey Pics.... Lots more leg support and shoulders look more comfortable. The side wings have not been extended at all so they still have more growing room there also.;)
DS3 wouldn't keep his shoulders down in these pics.:whistle:

001-3-1-1.jpg
016-2-1.jpg

002-3-1-1.jpg
017-1.jpg

004-3-1-1.jpg
018-2-1.jpg

jesster

Thanks for the comparison! I heard both of these boosters fit well in the third row of a Mazda5, but ordered a Monterey for my big guy last week. Now I'm totally convinced we got the seat that will last him *and* fits our car well. Hooray!

MOM25BOYS

Thanks everyone and I am super excited the Monterey worked out better than expected. :D I did have a 3 across in the back with a Vivo-RNXT-Vivo, but it was hard to buckle their boosters. I hope to try it again when my other Monterey gets here later in the week and see if the boys can reach the buckle better. :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC