New Car Seat from www.kidsembrace.com

ADS

keri1292

Woah. You couldn't pay me any amount of money to put that in my car. Those things are skeery. :eek:

Never heard of KidsEmbrace. I wonder how high the top slots are?

jeminijad

Whoa! I have never seen those before... I don't know that I want my kid sitting on Spiderman's lap!

Someone has to know who makes these... is Kidsembrace the developer/manufacturer? The shape is really different, too... those armrests...

Splash

Interesting looking. I would not recommend a seat from a company that no one knows anything about, though.
All your posts here say the same thing, all plugging this company. Do you work for them? Are you the creator of these seats? If so, tell us more. Also, I believe you have to be a sponsor in order to peddle your wares here. I'm sure someone will be along to advise you how to support c-s.o and get your message out at the same time.
They're actually really neat looking seats. If they're yours, I hope you are able to get through the proper channels to get them tested and certified for sale in the US.

keri1292

OK, so a quick google of your name and I figured out that this is your seat. Why don't you tell us a bit about it? No need to be vague. ;)

And sorry about the comment, but I only allow character stuff on my kids underwear and pajamas. I'm weird like that. :)

courtfrog2

That's interesting. Goes to 65lbs too. I babysat a little boy when I was in highschool who loved spiderman!!! I could see him in one of those. But, that was a long time ago and I think the kid is in college now LOL.

brentcymbalski

OK, so a quick google of your name and I figured out that this is your seat. Why don't you tell us a bit about it? No need to be vague. ;)

And sorry about the comment, but I only allow character stuff on my kids underwear and pajamas. I'm weird like that. :)

Thank you for your interest and comments. The Dale Jr seat is for sale on www.shopjrnation.com right now. The Spiderman seat is still under development as well as Sponge Bob. This seat has passed all of the NHTSA testing and we spent over 3 years developing it. This seat will rate as one of the safest seats on the market and can be used for several years as we designed it to convert to a belt positioning booster seat. We are currently rolling out our marketing campaign and product launch and seats will be available for delivery to customers around June 1, 2010. As we develop more characters they will be featured on our website.

xxluckychicxx

Thank you for your interest and comments. The Dale Jr seat is for sale on www.shopjrnation.com right now. The Spiderman seat is still under development as well as Sponge Bob. This seat has passed all of the NHTSA testing and we spent over 3 years developing it. This seat will rate as one of the safest seats on the market and can be used for several years as we designed it to convert to a belt positioning booster seat. We are currently rolling out our marketing campaign and product launch and seats will be available for delivery to customers around June 1, 2010. As we develop more characters they will be featured on our website.

How high are the top slots? My son would FLIP for a Spiderman seat.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Are there plans to take the top slot higher? Sixteen inch top slots are often outgrown by about 50 pounds or so. And at 13 inches, most kids should still be rear facing. That explains the picture on shopjrnation.com that shows a kid who looks to be way too little sitting in the seat. He must have been over the bottom slot and very short for the top.

How high does it adjust as a booster? Where are the guides? On the underside of the headrest? I couldn't see them in the pictures. The lap belt looked to have a decent fit.

Wendy

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Are they based on a Dorel (Safety 1st/Cosco/Eddie Bauer) seat, or did you start from scratch?

steph_s

Big Fail :thumbsdown: those harness slots are basically useless in the world of car seats! Why the higher weight limit when kids typically outgrow a seat in height before weight? Someone didn't do their research and just had a good idea and went with it a bit willy nilly before getting real life input.

Put 19-20in top slots, make the booster mode at least 21in tall, make a minimum height and age limit on the seat so kids who are too little to be forward facing aren't in the seat and then people will consider purchasing a seat like that. 13in bottom slots are REALLY low those kids should be rear facing still and likely know nothing about these characters. 16in bottom slots (not top slots) would work much better!

nmb

I agree w/ PP who said you need a higher top slot. My DS is 3 and already too tall for it, and way too young for a booster, so it's no use to us. If you could make the harness slots line up similiar too a Nautilus or Frontier, you'd have a lot more people buying it.
I would. And we're gonna be in the market for a combo seat soon as DS approaches the height limit of his convertible seats. :whistle: I know he would LOVE that Spiderman seat. ;)
Stick around here though, you're likely to get lots of great advice for version 2.0. ;)

Do you have any crash test videos?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC