Did I make a really big mistake?

HEVY

Pics added.

I got my Frontier 85. I knew from the pics it would be narrow, but after measuring it with the Regent and TB, I am really concerned it may be too narrow. This seat now has everything I ever wanted in a 5-pt harness and booster, except the cup holders, I think these take away from the width of the seat :thumbsdown: I hope my eyes are decieving me, I have to try her in it later.

Last edited:
ADS

mommy2env

Plus adding some pictures would help, you know after you try her in it. lol

Give the Frontier 85 a chance, she hasn't even sat on it. ;)

HEVY

I just got home. I posted here because I didn't want to discourage anyone, like maybe a newbie, but I know it could help others in deciding to purchase or not. If the powers that be decide to move it......

Highest harness height, sitting comfortably
DSC00682.jpg

Same, but holding legs together.
DSC00683.jpg

DSC00684.jpg

Harness digging in her neck
DSC00685.jpg

Birds eye view
Legs closed
DSC00686.jpg

Sitting natural
DSC00687.jpg

Third slot down
DSC00688.jpg

Second slot down
DSC00689.jpg

DSC00690.jpg

seamonkeys

The width doesn't worry me near the cupholders. But seeing the harness being so tight around her neck does. Reminds me of the Radian. Maybe I should have both of my boys really try it out in the store actually harnessed. I just had DS2 sit in it for a second last week.

Yoshi

The harness width also has me concerned. Even with the covers on, it looks really narrow. As far as the seat width, you'll have to just test it out on a ride and see if the cupholders dig into her thighs or not. I think I agree with you though, it looks like it may be too narrow for her.:(

Pixels

Does it bother her that her legs are over the cup holders?

Did the harness on her neck bother her? It looks a bit tight, but the pads also weren't on her neck.

I know it's been discussed before, but the chest clip needs to be at armpit level. The HUGS NEED to be in the proper place.

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

Is the harness width closer together than the original Frontier? Our Frontier doesn't rub on DD's neck so I wonder if the Frontier 85 will.

doriansmummy

Wow, that looks like the Radians harness on the neck. My son has never been bothered by the harness on his neck though in the Radian. To me she looks like she fits nicely, but it is a bit of a cram next to the Regent.. My son prefers the Regent to his Radian as he says it is more comfy. Good luck.

HEVY

The chest clip and hugs are not in position because she's not in the car, lol. But yes I tried it on proper, fits the same. Easier to get pics of the height this way.

She didn't say anything about the cup holders, but she will want to use them, so she will be squished. The neck she didn't because I was trying it but she will complain, she complains about the Regent.

Why is this seat so narrow? If she looks like she's bunching her shoulders up, she is, her arms are in the sides, not just touching them.

How am I supposed to return this? Am I even able too? I don't want too :(
I can't test drive this and then return it. I just don't see how the average 8,9,10 yr old can fit in the booster.

Connor's Mom

Wow, that does look so narrow around her neck. And it makes no difference in how it fits when the chest clip/HUGS are in proper position? I also don't see how they think that those cup holders are an improvement when her legs are covering them. She is by no means a bottom heavy kiddo so I wonder how it fits with other kids. :confused:
She is SUPER cute! And, I wanna know where the heck you got footed jammies in her size? I would love some for DS and can't find them long enough, lol.

HEVY

I will have to look at it with the hugs/clip and harness covers on, but I think it may be tighter.

I got those jammies at Target, they are a small 6/6x and were really big on her when I got them, she grew and they fit nice now. They are still soooooo soft, they don't pill, the best fleece I have ever seen. It's all she wears to bed.

I do not know what to do with this seat, took a lot of convincing to get it.

Angela

Just wanted to say... Thanks for posting pics! I just ordered one for my DS a few days ago. He has the same 'dimensions' as your DD and I liked being able to see how it fit her.

Could you measure the distance between the straps?

Any other suggestions out there for a different seat to try that w/5 pt. harness that's tall enough?

Last edited:

MOM25BOYS

Thanks for the pics of your DD in this seat Hevy. ;) She is such a beautitul little girl!:love:

I really don't like how close the straps are to her neck. :( DS4 is complaining of the same thing in the CA right now and I was hoping the Frontier 85 would be better. I don't remember them being like that in the regular Frontier when I had 2 for my oldest boys. :thumbsdown:

HEVY

Do these look better? I really don't want to try to return this. The cup holders are full and everything is where it should be, the straps DO actually seem to fit better. Only problem is when I tightened it (and it's not as tight as the Regent) she complained that her chest and neck hurt. The distance between the harness straps, not being used, is 3 1/2 inches.
The clip looks low but it really is at nipple/armpit level.
DSC00691.jpg

DSC00692.jpg

DSC00693.jpg

I know, the clip is too high.
DSC00694.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC