I am going to say something.

arly1983

Everybody keep your fingers crossed. I have a little girl that is 15 months old that come to my daycare. She rides in a belt positioning boaster that was her brothers (4, now he is in nothing). I am going to try to say something today. I have a couple of videos pulled up on youtube and some info printed out. Anyone have any suggestions. My palms are sweating right now just thinking about it. I have about an hour till she gets here.

ADS

scatterbunny

15 months and in a bpb? :eek: OMG, good luck changing the minds of the parents!

The YouTube videos--are they the Kyle video and the Belle video?

Maybe explain to them that a younger child's head is larger and heavier compared to the rest of the body, and as a child grows the body "catches up" to the head. But for a younger child, that larger, heavier head in proportion to the rest of the body will fly forward with more force and put more strain on the vulnerable neck. Kids under age 5 have higher rates of head injuries when placed in bpbs instead of harnesses.

mommy2zander+baby

Senior Community Member
Whenever I had a carseat concern with childcare parents (I used to do childcare before we had Zander), I would mention public health & how they love to give you cheap/free new seats for your kids & lots of info about using them safely... If the parents are open to the idea, I'd call & get all the info for them, & all but hold their hand down there to get them!! :D

Good luck!! I'll have my fingers crossed for you! :D

arly1983

Yes, Kyle and Belles Videos. I know, it will probably come to nothing but.....I just got to try. I prefer to think that she just doens't know even though she probably does know better.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
To give you a bit of hope . . .
The little girl I baby sit didn't have a good seat. I talked to mom about it, explained some and it didn't seem that she really cared. The next day they came with a brand new seat!
Good Luck :)

MySillyKids

Good luck! I used to be a pre-school teacher for 3.5 years. I have had SO many talks about children and their carseats. I think the WORST one i saw was an Infant seat, YES a newborn INFANT seat FF, using a seat belt. My Jaw Dropped. I was baffeled. And this was MY pre-baby days.

Whats the Belles video? I've seen the Kyle video Several times.

TIA!

mominabigtruck

Whenever I talk to people that need new seats I always give them info about how to get free or low cost seats so they don't feel like they can't get one because they can't afford one and then get defensive.

arly1983

Oh, shot, the grandma picked her up. I wasn't going to say anything to her, she has a eddie bauer convertable in her car. Tomorrow is the day she picks her up early so I know I can talk to her then.

MySillyKids

Ugh. Belle's video is just as important, and just as terribly sad. I'm SO glad i'm taking the time and energy to learn about the best carseats available. I'm SUPER glad i just got a Regent for my Son.

Wow.

Better luck tomorrow With the "talk!"

MySillyKids

I posted Belle's video on another Webforum. The VERY first responce was this:

"Im sorry but again I dont buy into what they are saying. My 3 yr old is in the same booster my 5 yr old is in and she is correctly elevated, the seatbelt hits her in the right spot and is snug.
I'd like to see a video showing all the deaths/injuries sustained by kids whose parents dont have them properly fitted into their 5pt harness carseats. Maybe that would make more parents use them properly.
I see kids/babies all the time in carseats that are not fitted properly - even on this board I've seen it several times.
Sorry - I just hate being made to feel like Im going to cause the death of my children by a video on the internet."

Her children's ages were:

12/01, 12/03. That means her 3 year old JUST turned 3. My ALMOST 3 year old (in april) is NO where near a booster. That is why i just got him a Regent. Crazy.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC