Make it stop!

Splash

I have always said that I wanted Charlie to sleep with us until he decided not to anymore.

Can I change my mind?

I want Charlie to sleep with us even AFTER he has decided not to anymore.

For over a week now, he's been climbing into his crib (beside our bed) and FALLING ASLEEP! This is NOT acceptable! Cribs are not for sleeping!

Normally he wakes up at a decent hour (before midnight usually) to come back to bed to us, but not always. Last Thursday he slept in his crib ALL NIGHT. And I woke up at 2 am and couldn't go back to sleep. I NEEDED my baby. I tried everything, but I just could not go back to sleep without him beside me. I ended up watching some Dutch movie with subtitles and finally falling back to sleep when he woke up at around 6 (he went back to sleep with me).

I can't take it. He's too young to leave us. I don't want him sleeping in his crib! I don't want him falling asleep without a fuss! I want my baby back!

Someone please make it stop. :(

ADS

mamato2

It probably will at some point!! It always seems with my kids that just as I get used to the way things are, they change. Hopefully it's some 'phase' that he'll grow out of soon :) .
If waiting for the phase to peter out takes too long, just accept that he's growing up, come to terms with it and he'll be back in bed with you in no time.:D
C.

Starlight

Senior Community Member
I'm sorry!

Dh told me this weekend it was time to move ds (10 mo) into his crib at night.

I took the crib down and hid it. I'm trying to find a new home for it now.

I'm not ready for that either. :(

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I am trying to teach my ds to stay in his bed all night! We have never been big co-sleepers ds would just come into our bed come morning and fall back asleep. Now that he is in a big bed if he wakes up at night he thinks he needs to come to our bed. I love sleeping with him but I don't sleep well with him in my bed, so he is learning to sleep ALL NIGHT in his own bed!

I think it would be nice for him to figure this out on his own like Charlie is doing, it makes it easier on the parents :) Even though it is sad because they are going up and showing/needing their independance :( We can't keep them babies forever though!

Good luck in coping with this!

canadianmom2three

Awww Splash, its so sad to see our babies grow up, I cried more than a few tears when DS started hanging out in his bed more than mine, especially since he was our last baby. But I have to say, Jewels, I'm with you now...As much as I LOVED it when Ds was a baby, and even a toddler, now he is 4.5 years old and man does he take up a TON of space. I don't mind at all on occasion, like when he is sick, scared, or even on a weekend, but I cannot get a wink of sleep while he is pushing, kicking and demanding more space...DH and I are practically on the floor while he is sprawled out in the center of the bed - there are many nights when I end up down on the couch:eek: Add DD to the mix and really, DH and I both might as well find somewhere else to sleep:rolleyes: . Co-sleeping is FANTASTIC but IMO, only when all parties involved spend more time sleeping than they do fighting over space;)

SPJ&E

Aww, he's growing up! It's so tough when they do "big boy" things! Pacey has been using the potty all day today (with the exception of the naptime diaper) and it's great and all...but where did my baby go!?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Awwww... (trade ya for a few nights? leah's been puking and pooping all over my sheets for a couple nights now, I'd rather be changing crib sheets than king sized flannel....)

mommy2zander+baby

Senior Community Member
Aw... I hear you...

Since I am pregnant, there is not as much milk & our nursing sessions have lessoned... a few times Zander's gone to bed with dad & not even needed to nurse to sleep... It makes me think about him growing up & weaning... at least on those nights, he still wakes once to nurse...

drey

ditto jools... xander peed in my bed two nights ago... last night he woke up around 4, climbed up by the foot of our bed, sat there for about 30 seconds, then got back down & went back to his room.

i really miss the days when i used to sleep through everything!!! now i wake when i hear his teddy bear fall onto the floor!

Morganthe

Awwwww, Splash, don't worry, it's only temporary. He'll be back just as soon as you get used to sleeping without him. :rolleyes: :D

I've been cranky all day because I'm pmsing & dd was up and down every 90 minutes after midnight this morning. Nothing like her usual self at all. Every time I managed to get into a nice REM dream, I'd get "Mommy, I want to sleep in my cot, tuck me in please." "Mommy, Nursey please." (NOOOO! I DON"T WANT TO CHANGE MY DIAPER!) "Mommy, tuck me into my cot". "Mommy, I want to sleep next to you." "Mommy, it's morning and time to get up. It's TODDLER TUESDAY!"
ARRGH!!!! :eek:

No, she doesn't nurse at night, but it's her default programing phrase if her diaper's wet & she can't settle back down to sleep. :rolleyes: So I get the battle of changing it in the dark with a very annoyed half asleep child. :(

We had to do some other attitude adjustments today, she's been very whiny, nagging, and bossy. Which is her usual self when I'm feeling yucky. I think I send off pheromes or something. :rolleyes: We worked things out after some of her priviledges had been suspended for the day. Mommy was very serious when she informed dd that she'd be crabby today! But boy, I'm looking forward to some decent sleep tonight. :D

Speaking of which, I"m off to la la land now. Some heavy duty ibuprofen will make the aches lessen a bit. :)
g'night all and Don't get too sad, Splash. He'll be snuggling up again in no time. He has molars due in soon, right? ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC