Frontier 85 in Kia

Angela

Just ordered it at Chit Chat baby 223.99!! They said they have a 3 week wait for it right now, so I won't have it until mid/late April. I'm just hoping for it by April 22nd (we're headed out of town). :)
2 questions:
1. Is the install similar to the original Frontier?
2. Anyone installed it in a Kia Rondo (or any other Kia) yet?

ADS

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
My car is the optima, the same platform they built the rondo from. the seats are different though, mine are very poofy and plush while the rondo are flatter and less "luxe" if you will. I don't have a new frontier, but i could get the regular old 80 lb frontier LBP or Latch in my Kia. the new beltpath seems to make most installs easier, so I would assume it would work.

Angela

Re: Frontier 85 in Kia, any tips

I'll be installing it with the seatbelt (DS 55 lbs) and have never installed any Britax seats. Any pointers? Anyone else with Kia's on here?

rosey2007

I own a Hyundai Elantra (made by the same company KIA) and had a hard time installing the old Frontier in my car, but that could me be me. Personally, I like to install the GN because it is so easy to install and not many tricks to installing it.

Angela

I would have loved to have gotten the GN, but my son has a tall torso and I like the idea of the higher top slots. I'd like to keep him harnessed until at LEAST 6 (he'll be 5 in July). With him already at a 17" he'll have a little more time in the Frontier.
If I can't make the Frontier work, I'm going to get the GN though.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
What color did you order? I just sent them a message because I'm waiting on my 2nd one...and they just responded back that Canyon's will be shipping on 4/6. All other colors have a 2-3 week wait. Right now, I'm glad I ordered a 2nd Canyon! We are heading out of town on 4/12, so I'm hoping to have mine in time for our trip.

Angela

I ordered the Rushmore. I liked the Canyon also, but I let my DS decide which one he wanted. I figured the Rushmore might show less yuckiness too. :)

All they said in my response was that they're experiencing a 3 week lead time on them. I'm HOPING we get it by April 22nd (we're headed out of town that weekend). I'm glad I sent them a message asking about it. I was going to wait a few more weeks before ordering.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC