Question How to clean my seats

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
I am new here, have read and read for hours...

I have 2 Britax Marathon seats and have vacuumed and wiped the covers with a cloth as needed, but they are getting disgusting from shoe dirt over the winter, crumbs, etc. I know there are ways to wash them , and things you are not supposed to do... but I want to be sure not to destroy my hundreds of dollars worth of seats KWIM?

I have them checked once a year at the local station by the certified tech, and will be doing that soon, as I will be moving the seats to make room for the new baby :love:

On an "up-note" when I took my car the first time to have the seats checked... the trooper told me that I was the FIRST person he had ever checked seats on that had no recalls, expired seats or installation errors. I was VERY proud of myself!

DD#1- 10y0m in a backless booster (Graco)
DD#2- 7y1m in a high back booster (Evenflo)
DD#3- 3y6m FF in Britax Marathon
DD#4- 2y3m FF in Britax Marathon
DS - dues 5/7/10 to be in a Graco SafeSeat

All in a 2003 Pontiac Montana (8 seats)

ADS

2BunniesMommy

You can take the Marathon covers off and hand wash and air dry them. You don't want to wash the harness. You can wipe it clean and use mild soap if needed but you don't want to get them saturated. What I have done when needing to clean mine is just run over and over it with a damp washcloth. Many people(including myself) have machine washed Britax covers on gentle with no problems, but Britax does state to handwash only. If you want to post back with exactly what covers you have on them you may get better answers to how they are likely to hold up to machine washing. Handwashing may do the job just fine though.

2BunniesMommy

I am not familar with either of those seats, but hopefully a few people who are will come around and let you know how they have washed then and how they came out, that way you could make an informed decision on whether or not you feel safe going outside of the recommended way. Can't go wrong with handwashing them though.

Jennifer mom to my 7

I have never heard of anyone having an issue with washing a britax cover in the washing machine. I have washed mine in both a top loader and a front loader, no issues. Just don't wash the straps;) You can wipe them down with a baby wipe though.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC