Besides $, what is the dif between RA50 and Marathon??

g81danielle

I am still thinking of a Britax, either RA50 or Marathon besides the price what is the difference? I am putting this in the center seat of the center row of an 08 Sienna, for my DS who has our grown his infant seat (age 9 months 20 lbs +/-) I'd like to keep rf for another 9-12 months. When he out grows whatever seat I get him he can move to the nautilus that my dd is using now (she will be out of it by then) THANKS! :)

ADS

crunchierthanthou

not much. The Marathon has a higher ff weight limit, but almost no child will still fit in it at 65 lbs. The 50 lb limit of the Roundabout50 is more than sufficient. The MA has a LATCH bar, but it's only a convenience feature, and you wouldn't miss it if you've never had it. The MA has HUGS (the plastic things on the harness), but they're more of a pain than anything. The RA50 has an adjustable crotch strap (3 positions), but the MA doesn't.

Unless you find a screaming deal on a MA, or it comes in a pattern you must have, there's no reason to choose it over the RA50.

mum2two

The Marathon also has lockoffs, your vehicle has LATCH so that isn't a big issue, but the lockoffs can be useful for vehicles when you use the seatbelt for installing. The lockoffs can also be used when you exceed the LATCH limits of the vehicle and install with the seatbelt.

I have seen some MA patterns for about 179.00 if that helps at all (not sure how cheap the RA50 can be found for).

g81danielle

Wow! The ma I was looking at was 279 and the ra50 was 199 I'd like to keep it under 200 but would not mind spending a bit more if there was a really good reason :) I also have a 20% off bru so I plan on using that then! ANY other seat suggestions besides these 2?

g81danielle

I actaully have the Myride in the back of my van right now to return...the sides on it were so deep that is seemed huge! The complete air I have been toying with the idea of getting one, but something bothered me when I put my 9month old in it....is seemed like he was wearing horse blinders! What do you all think any of the Evenflo seats?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC