I'm just done.

hsjwmom

I am so irritated with my TF and TFP. I can't get a good recline in my Sienna with either one. I'm sure it is acceptable installation, but I prefer a bit deeper recline because dd gets bad head slump. The TF would need a pyramid of noodles to get the recline I want, but then it wouldn't fit. The TFP in recline mode is terrific in my van, BUT it presses up against the front seat. A no-no with the advanced airbags.

In dh's Ram, I can't fit the TFP outboard because it pushes against the front seats. I can barely get it in the middle because the middle seat has a super short depth. I HAVE to use it in recline mode there because if I don't, it hangs off of the seat too much. Then, it is almost too reclined. :rolleyes: Today, I finally got it installed in the middle of the Ram without it being over reclined. It was pretty much right between the 1 and 2, much better than the 1/almost X it usually is.

I put dd in the RA last week in the 3rd row of my Sienna so that my parents could ride with us and O.M.G. I miss that seat so much. It is so darn easy to install and get the perfect angle. DD is sooooo comfortable in it and it just fits her like a dream. She *just* fits rfing, so it's not an option to just keep it and forget about the TF or TFP.

I don't know. Should I consider a seat that doesn't have the ARB or rfing tether for dh's truck? I don't mind the lack in my van, but thought it was a good idea to have in the truck. Am I overthinking this?

Oh! I also hate the buried adjuster. Hate it. so. bad.

ADS

hsjwmom

Yup, seat is slid all the way back. If it weren't for dh driving my van fairly often, I'd just move the driver seat up some and it would be fine. Unfortunately, he likes the seat to be all the way back when he drives. I suppose I could move her to the passenger captains chair that's pushed to the center. If I have to have the passenger front seat moved up, it won't matter to dh. It would just be a hassle to put her in from the other side.

I hate to say it, but I think I am going to end up selling the TF and buying another MA. If it works for another year, I can reassess at that point. My goal is to rf her until 4, but maybe what I'll do is keep her rfing in my van and turn her ff in dh's truck when she 3 or so and outgrows the MA. I can then sell the MA and get her a combo seat.

Though, maybe I should at least try out a MR, RN or CA? Or have I been so spoiled by my RA, that I'm going to hate everything else?

NannyMom

I haven't used an RA, but I did have a MA. I think I grew to really like the MA, and I love the MR. It installs wonderfully in my Sienna (if I stand behind it to install). It doesn't install very upright, and I have to work to get it less than 45*. Sofi and BabyS always sleep well and because of the sides, they rest their head there, kind of like a BV.

cpsaddict

I would definitely go with something that tethers for the truck. We have a Ram,too and I am terrified of her rebounding into that back window. We have a Marathon in there now and it fits nicely. The pass seat has to be moved up a little, but I am not uncomfortable and I am 5'9" tall.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC