I WON!! Which Evenflo seat should I choose?

Mommy0608

I won a Facebook contest, and I get to choose ANY Evenflo seat that I want!!! Which should I choose??

I could get a Maestro for Jessica's back-up.

I could get a Symphony... would it last long? How's the leg room? I'm thinking I should go for the Maestro for Jessica since Tyler has the True Fit, and he could have the Signo and she could have a Maestro... or she could keep the Signo as her back-up, and the Symphony could be DS's back-up...

What do you think???

I'M SO EXCITED!! I never win anything! :love::love::love:

ADS

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
That's so cool! :) I think I'd go for the Maestro in your shoes, since you already have 2 convertibles, plus I think the Maestro's top harness slot is about 2 inches taller than the Symphony's (but maybe I'm remembering wrong).

Mommy0608

Thanks everyone! I love the look and feel of the Symphony 65 but the low harness slots are kind of a turn-off. If they were taller, that's what I'd go for, no doubt about it. However, DD has a long torso, and she'll outgrow it by height sooner than I'd like. On the other hand, when that happens, then I suppose I could give Tyler the Symphony, and then she'd have the FR85 and True Fit FF, and he'd have the Signo and Symphony. Hmmmm....

The Maestro would last her longest of all of them (with her, I'm not worried at all about the 50lb limit, she's about 30lbs right now)... but the Symphony is so comfy looking.

crunchierthanthou

congrats!

I'd go for the Symphony65. partly because I'd feel like i was leaving something on the table by choosing the $80 seat. :eek:

Then if it doesn't work out for you, you can sell it on CL and still have enough to buy something taller...

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
congrats!

I'd go for the Symphony65. partly because I'd feel like i was leaving something on the table by choosing the $80 seat. :eek:

Then if it doesn't work out for you, you can sell it on CL and still have enough to buy something taller...

Ooh, that's true!

BookMama

Senior Community Member
congrats!

I totally agree!

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
congrats!

Ooh, good point! I didn't even think of that!

Mommy0608

Hmm... I never even thought about the cost feature... I'm really only thinking of practicality. It's a free seat, I don't care about the cost of the seat, I want what will work best for my kids and vehicles. I am worried about the closeness of the straps at the shoulder of the Maestro... she HATED that about the Complete Air (sensory issues... this was a BIG deal to her).

I've decided to get the Symphony 65 in Liberty (love the Circles, but don't like that it's brown), then she can use the Signo and Frontier, and Tyler can use the True Fit and Symphony, OR she can have the Frontier and True Fit, and he can have the Signo and Symphony.

Thanks for the input everyone, I appreciate it. :thumbsup:

NannyMom

Re: I WON!! Which Evenflo seat should I choose?

I'd get the Symphony65. It has good legroom, and a decent shell height for RF. And if you don't like it, you can sell it for a Maestro.

babygirlsmom1005

We just played with a Symphony 65 this past week....not too bad of a seat - but seems to have the same narrowness of the other evenflo seats as far as the harness is concerned.

Madeline 4 1/2 years old, 41 inches tall, 36 lbs (she didn't like the little head pillow and pushed it over to the side....I pulled her dress up to get a pic of her with the harness tightned, she wouldn't let me otherwise)

Symphony65-1-1.jpg

Mommy0608

Thanks for the picture! Well, I guess if they all have the narrow harness, it's better that I got a seat Tyler can use... if I'd have gotten the Maestro, he wouldn't be able to use it for a while. I've never actually played with a Symphony, so I can't wait to get it! :D

amyd

Cool! Congrats! I'd get the Symphony too cause I'm dying to play with those SureLATCH thingys.:p

Kat_Momof3

I say choose the Symphony 65... it can replace your AO for Tyler
Jessica has two great seats already for ff... but Tyler could use one that will last longer...

OR

get the maestro for Jessica, give Tyler the Recaro Signo RF (this plan necessitates him being comfortable in that setup), and get rid of the AO...

either way, I'm trying to phase out your AO.

congratulations.jpg

Mommy0608

Thanks! That's the plan... phase out the AO. Tyler has almost outgrown it RF by height, and Jessica has long outgrown it both RF and FF. This way, Jessica will likely keep using the Signo FF so that Tyler isn't so scrunched (lack of leg room) and he can have the True Fit and Symphony.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC