What do you want to tell Recaro?

steph_s

Was talking to my grandma's new neighbor yesterday and found out her father in law works at Recaro. Well we were talking and apparently they have been thinking some design changes for some of their seats and development of new ones (the department he happens to work) and getting real world feed back. Well she talked to him and he will be in town on Easter and wants to speak with me about what I think of the Recaro seats I've owned after hearing how very unhappy I am about their convertibles. Apparently he was stunned anyone felt this way! I spoke with him briefly on the phone and he seems very nice. He is just stunned that the top of the convertibles narrow design is making the seat impractical. He is also aware of children complaining of back pain while ff but didn't think it was related to the lack of leg support. (Umm not sure how they didn't figure this one out??)

So, anything you want me to pass along other than the following?

-Lack of leg support in convertible seats
-Lack of room in the upper portion of the seat (gets too narrow at the top)
-Covers for the vivo (peeling and just generally not wearing well)

ADS

abigaylebelle

In general I have been very happy with the signo g2. I would like extra covers available for purchase though, one is really not enough. Maybe one like the vivo lite for summer? That would be nice. Oh and velcro on the insides of the thigh bolster to hold it in place when I put the child in/take him out.
Oh yeah and eps foam in the headwings of the signos. I don't like that it just has that memory foam stuff.
Well I think that covers my complaints, lol.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Lack of leg room for RF. Lack of shoulder room. Poorly written instructions. Non-functional lockoff, that is not addressed in the manual.

mburks26

Vivo booster make another girly print and dont change a thing about it maybe to go a few inches taller and maybe make the bottom part ok for backless. Don't change the design at all though.
(Vivo happens to be the only booster that fits in 2 of the cars my dd rides in. I have yet to find a backless the will fit in the bucket seats)

firemomof3

This is great! They definitely need to try and keep up with the rest of the car seat world because they have fallen so far behind. If you need pics illustrating just how horrible the signo is for rf please let me know. I have a ton of pics showing how scrunched my kiddos are vs. how comfy they are in other seats.

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
If the Vivo had a deeper seat, I'd happily buy one. The short seat depth is a major issue on all of their seats IMO.

Tell him to look at the Frontier and Monterey for a better idea of how deep this CPST would like them to be!

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
If the Vivo had a deeper seat, I'd happily buy one. The short seat depth is a major issue on all of their seats IMO.

Tell him to look at the Frontier and Monterey for a better idea of how deep this CPST would like them to be!

Agree. The seats are all very shallow.

christineka

I've only owned vivos and love them, but there are some things I'd request:
1. deeper seat
2. convert to backless (some people seem to think it goes backless anyway)
3. return of the blush cover
4. latch
5. adjustable width for the seat and side wings would be awesome
6. 4 year, 33 pound, and 38 inch tall minimum for use of the seat because not everyone reads the manual where it says the ears must be above the belt guides.

We just tried out the convertible, so from that I'd ask for:
1. Wider seat in the upper part
2. ability to install the seat straight up
3. deeper seat
4. add another set of harness slots at 8 inches.

a_js

Seat depth--the Vivo could use another couple or few inches. And my child isn't even all that tall.

Como/Signo.. lose a TON of harness height when installed.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
So how long do we have to wait for the new improved Start? THAT didn't have a shallow seat :whistle: (and they can't hide it, I've seen the crash tests of it on some Euro site :cool:)

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
Can we please have the Start back? With horizontal instead of vertical belt guides, a 120# weight limit, and a lower price point?

Although to be honest, the price is well worth to me, I'm just realistic about what it needs to cost to make it sell well enough to justify continuing the line.

ETA: great minds think alike, huh Jules?

AtTheSouthDam

Covers, can we get REPLACABLE covers, you know, that we can order? In midnight sky...
Otherwises if there is anything I would like changed in the Young sport I'll let you know after I play with it tomorrow :D (the fed ex guy better not be late! :p)

TerisBoys

Another vote for replacement covers. My Vivo looks terrible with the peeling plush, and it's only been washed once. I'm afraid to wash it again (Midnight Sand? the black/cream one).

And, CS that replies to emails. I've emailled several times asking about covers and not once gotten a reply back. I don't have time to play voicemail tag with people.

dmpmercury

I would make the convertable a little narrower if possible and just add some room where the shoulder problem is and add leg room. Maybe sending pictures of older kids that don't fit would help them.

barnmama25

Being able to purchase covers, for all models, would be a plus. My Como cover is also peeling.
I dont know if they improved it on the new model, but I always had an issue with the head pillows falling down and just being in the way when installed FF. Idk what they could do to fix that, but it annoyed me.

Also, are they hiring???? :whistle:

Joyofbirth

I would like to see a smaller base on the convertibles. I really love this seat, but I can't put it in my captain's chairs because of the base. And all that other stuff above.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC