Pictures of Coccoro RF....

daycaremom2002

Good day everyone. I am looking for pictures to show how little space the Coccoro takes up Rear Facing(and maybe some pictures to show bigger kids in the seat too). I am trying to help my sister get a seat for the back of her Mustang. The Coccoro has been suggested and we have been told it fits great. My sister is waiting for the local store to get a delivery of the seats, but in the meantime, she is stressing out, big time about if it will fit or not. I am having trouble getting her to not focus on the actual seat measurements.

Right now, baby is in a Shuttle and they can't put the front seat back far enough for a passenger to sit in when the baby is in the car. I know that convertible seats take up less space. I am just looking for pictures to help illustrate this to my sister. I need to ease her mind before my brother-in-law tries to install a seatbelt in the center of the car to give them more leg room! :eek:

He is 7 months old now, so he doesn't need the full recline.

Thanks everyone!

ADS

ChristyH

Not a very good picture because I was really trying to get a picture of the seat and not how it fit.

Here is a picture of our Coccoro on the back bench of DH's '04 Dodge Ram Quad Cab, it's not a big back seat front to back and the Coccoro fits perfectly. You can kinda tell from the picture that it's not even touching the drivers seat.
004-10.jpg

I'll see if I can find anymore.

crunchierthanthou

He is 7 months old now, so he doesn't need the full recline.

the Coccoro is a bit of a strange beast in that you install at the same angle no matter what. The insert gives the proper recline to newborns and the shell is more upright than 45 degrees, so works for older babies.

these are all I have in my photobucket, which doesn't give much perspective. for reference, it's a Subaru Outback, which have fairly small back seats, and the front seats are all the way back-

installed.jpg

Coccoroinstalled.jpg

dmpmercury

oh, found more that offer a better comparison. unfortunately, I don't have any next to an infant seat.

How does the front to back space compare to that scenera you have installed next to it.

crunchierthanthou

How does the front to back space compare to that scenera you have installed next to it.

well, I only installed it long enough to take the picture, so that's the only reference I have for it. You can see that the Scenera sticks out several inches farther than the Coccoro. Also, that vehicle has a hump in the center, so the Coccoro is sitting up even higher than it would outboard. So, it's considerably smaller and the Scenera isn't exactly a large seat. :shrug-shoulders:

simplychels

OT but kind of on topic question...When you route the seatbelt around the back like that on the Coccoro, do you lock the seatbelt at the retractor or is there an actual lock off or something to that effect?

crunchierthanthou

OT but kind of on topic question...When you route the seatbelt around the back like that on the Coccoro, do you lock the seatbelt at the retractor or is there an actual lock off or something to that effect?

no, you shouldn't lock the retractor. You use the lock-off that comes with the seat. If you do switch the retractor, it can cause it to tip and makes it a pain to uninstall.

daycaremom2002

Thanks for all of the pictures. I think it helped.

What if you don't put the shoulder belt around the back? Can you lock the retractor then, or do you have to use the blue clip that comes with the seat?

My sister ordered one yesterday, so I am now gathering information to help her install it. We are many states apart though, so all my help will be over the phone. Any information that I need to know to help her? It will be going into a 98 mustang Cobra.

crunchierthanthou

No, you don't need the lock-off if you aren't doing the Euro routing and you lock the retractor. You don't need it at all if you have locking latchplates. Combi has even said you can skip locking the belt altogether with the Euro routing if the rear belt guides are keeping the seat tight. It's all pre-crash, so just find the method that gives a secure install in your vehicle.

I do like the clip on style lock-off, but most often I just lock the retractor and skip routing it around the back. I do like that option, but our belts are just barely long enough and end up locked if we're not careful.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC