Mattress Warranty? Any advice?

lovinwaves

Does anyone have any information on Mattress Warranties, and how exactly they determine if a mattress has failed. I know how to measure for indentations, but I'm not sure that fully tells the story. DH and I are questioning our 3.5 year old Mattress. We are going to turn in a warranty claim, but are doubtful they will do anything.

Our problem is that we both have stopped sleeping well, and in my case have noticed my arms falling asleep and my hips hurting in the morning. I have also noticed some other things too. DH says he feels like the mattress has a "V" in it, so we kind of sink towards each other. We aren't suppose to feel the bed move when each of us move but we can. All of these issues/problems presented themselves over the past few months....

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I know we have a smart bunch here on the Forum! :D

ADS

canadianmom2three

IIRC from dealing with Sears, they do measure for indentation, and look at that based on a pro-rated scale of number of years used. They were pretty good about the whole warranty thing, and took our complaints about comfort seriously, but apparently the key to making a successful warranty claim, is making sure there are absolutely no stains, as that automatically voids the warranty (at least at Sears Canada). curses to DS for peeing in our uncomfortable bed:eek:

Splash

They use a laser to determine if the surface is smooth. Even if there are deep valleys as soon as weight is put on it, it doesn't matter. The valleys have to be apparent with NO weight on the mattress.

Also, your problem might not be the mattress, but the box spring. Try some plywood between the box spring and the mattress, that might help a lot.

skipspin

We had a GREAT experience with our mattress warantee. In Oct I noticed that a spring was protruding out of our 5 yr old Seally. The mattress stiff felt the same, but we definately thought it was odd, especailly since it was on MY side of the bed and we are both pretty small.

We looked at our Seally warantee and it said to call the retailer. We called Rooms to Go (where we bought it) and they sent out someone to look at it. The guy walked in, said, "Yep, that's a defect. We'll call you within a week." Within a week we got a call saying that we had the full purchase price plus tax and delivery as a store credit and we could come get whatever mattress we wanted any time in the next 60 days. Since we had been considering a temperpedic we used the money to upgrade to that. Our new mattress was delivered and the old one picked up three days after we went into the store. We got free delivery on the new mattress, and a new 10 year non-pro-rated warantee just like our original mattress.

We were VERY happy and LOVE our new mattress!

lovinwaves

We had a GREAT experience with our mattress warantee. In Oct I noticed that a spring was protruding out of our 5 yr old Seally. The mattress stiff felt the same, but we definately thought it was odd, especailly since it was on MY side of the bed and we are both pretty small.

We looked at our Seally warantee and it said to call the retailer. We called Rooms to Go (where we bought it) and they sent out someone to look at it. The guy walked in, said, "Yep, that's a defect. We'll call you within a week." Within a week we got a call saying that we had the full purchase price plus tax and delivery as a store credit and we could come get whatever mattress we wanted any time in the next 60 days. Since we had been considering a temperpedic we used the money to upgrade to that. Our new mattress was delivered and the old one picked up three days after we went into the store. We got free delivery on the new mattress, and a new 10 year non-pro-rated warantee just like our original mattress.

We were VERY happy and LOVE our new mattress!

Gee, I wish it was a protruding coil, then that would be cut and dry. Hmmm....that just gave me an idea...maybe I could let the kids and DH jump on the bed, and hope for a coil to spring up LOL :D just kidding... Glad to hear you love your new mattress! :)

lovinwaves

They use a laser to determine if the surface is smooth. Even if there are deep valleys as soon as weight is put on it, it doesn't matter. The valleys have to be apparent with NO weight on the mattress.

Also, your problem might not be the mattress, but the box spring. Try some plywood between the box spring and the mattress, that might help a lot.

Yeah, and the valley has to be more than 1 1/2 inch :eek:

Yeah great idea on the box spring. I will mention that to DH. Thanks..

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC