Honda Ridgeline owners? Love to hear the good,bad and ugly.

groovymom2000

I am toying with getting a Ridgeline later this year--still in research mode now.

Car seat compatibility is not really an issue anymore--I have one in a booster and one just about to outgrow the harness on a Nautilus. No other kiddos, and none coming along.

Reliability is a BIG deal. I am frustrated with my volvo's lack of reliability, among other issues.

DH drives a sedan that we take on trips and such. This would be a car for driving around and hauling garden stuff and small lumber, furniture and other things. No towing or off-road stuff.

I browsed the ridgeline forums, and saw a few things--windshield cracking, some water leaking problems, and the sway bar link breakage. Have you had any issues with these, or anything else?

I am open to '06-'09 model years with the right price and mileage.

TIA!

ADS

Melanie

My dad has a Ridgeline. He's had it for about 4 years now. He puts quite a bit of miles on it, enough that it's no longer under warranty. He has high expectations for his vehicles and this one was no exception. His last two trucks before the Ridgeline were Toyotas and had 150,000 or so miles when he got rid of them. He's been really pleased with it.

It is kind of ugly. But-it's a truck made for the majority of people who drive trucks (at least around here). It's like the mini-van of trucks. There are a ton of storage places and cup holders. The back seat flips up for storage. The back seat is huge and roomy. It could comfortably hold 3 adults. The trunk in the bed is the greatest thing ever. It is very car seat friendly if the need ever arose.

The only problem he's had is with the plastic rails on the top of the bed sides. The car wash somehow catches them a bit and had bent them. They were replaced under warranty. It hasn't done it severely enough to replace them again. Most people probably wouldn't have even noticed them, but my dad's pretty meticulous with his cars.

I've driven it several times. My only complaint would be the big blind spot. You do have to use your mirrors for lane changes. I'd think most trucks and vehicles this size would be similar though.

If I didn't need to carry 6+ passengers, I'd get a Ridgeline for my next vehicle.

groovymom2000

Thanks for the info! I test drove one yesterday, and was pleasantly surprised. The back seat was bigger than I expected, especially after looking at a toyota tacoma. I wouldn't want to ride back there for a long trip, but it looked fine for the kids.

LOL. It is certainly different driving it. I have never owned an automatic transmission, and I am coming from a 6 spd. 300 hp. manual. The salesguy kept trying to tell me how peppy the engine was :rolleyes:.

All in all, I liked very much. He didn't want to give me a good enough deal yesterday though, so we will wait a bit. The 2011 models are supposed to have some major changes, so we may wait until those come out in August and see what kind of a deal we can get on a 2010.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC