wwyd husky or frontier85

vamom

So if you had a perfectly good (actually 2) britax husky that don't expire for roughly 15 months and your dc was 7 yrs 4 months, 50" 51# and had just moved up to the tallest slot (barly over the next to highest) but said child had low tone and some special needs would you buy the new frontier85 or just hold off and booster shop?

He is very, very close to outgrowing his radian and nauti as well. I think he would try to sit well in a booster, but not sure about long trips or when he gets upset.

We both are very happy with his husky. He very briefly sat in a frontier a year or so ago and sai dhe didn't like it, but he may have been in a mood nor would he sit to let me look. He really likes the look of the new frintier, but it may just be the cupholder, lol.

TIA

ADS

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
Is there a reason you'd need to make this decision now, instead of when the Huskys expire? The slots are pretty far apart, so if he's just moved up, he should have a lot of time. (And I'm not sure the Frontier is taller than the Husky. Isn't the new Regent shorter than the old Husky?)

With low tone and special needs, I'd keep him harnessed if possible.

Maedze

I think the Husky and the FN85 are going to be equal in harness height.

I'd keep him in the Huskies for now. In about 8 months, if he hasn't improved in tone/maturity, I'd start petitioning your insurance company for a Roosevelt. :twocents:

Splash

I'd get the FR since there is no reason for you to buy a new adjuster strap for the Husky. Plus he needs a cupholder. I would also never leave the dog unattended with the new seat.

vamom

I'd get the FR since there is no reason for you to buy a new adjuster strap for the Husky. Plus he needs a cupholder. I would also never leave the dog unattended with the new seat.

You are too late my friend. Murphydog77 came to my rescue. I just moved him up to the highest slot and I swear now he could go back to the other slot.

I have always lusted for an adjustable headrest/harness thingie. I hate the huge gap between the holes. Normally ds does too, but he hasn't said anything.

He wants the new frontier because he has decided that he wants headwings. And he wants pink because it is his gf's fav color, lol.

He does REALLY need a cupholder, lol.

The dog has chilled on the seperation anxiety finally, but I have also threatened his life if he touches another seat, lol.

Do teh headwings offer him more protection then the husky? I keep reading this true spinal alignment business and wondering?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Do teh headwings offer him more protection then the husky? I keep reading this true spinal alignment business and wondering?

They haven't come out and said they think their old seats (without headwings) are unsafe, but they sure do seem to be coming out with more and better headrest designs, don't they? Kind of does make ya think :whistle:

Funny about moving to the top slots then looking below the second to top ones, I remember months of 'should I move it down?' and moving it down and back up every time my kids went up a slot on the Husky, lol.

I love the improvements on the FR 85...the harness is divine, the cupholders are fantastic, of course it'll become a great booster....:twocents::D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC