• Keep it & detroy the Scenera

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sell it & don't worry about a spare

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Something else I am not thinking about

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mommy2Marcus

I have a perfectly good 2 year old MA sitting in my living room unused at the moment. I really do not have a use for it besides as a spare, which is SO rarely needed. I also have a Scenera, which I absolutly DESPISE & don't trust b/c it has the spikes (but has the new & improved harness though), sitting there that he has about 1-2 inches of growing room left before outgrowing. So....I am trying to decide what to do. HELP ME!!!! Please!

Do I sell it & buy him another spare seat? Do I sell it & just use the Scenera untill he outgrows it, then re-evaluate? Sell it, don't worry about a spare & destroy the Scenera? Keep it as a spare & destroy the Scenera? WWYD? I am totally torn over this.

I want to sell the MA, but also kind of want to keep it for a spare. I really don't like or want to keep the Scenera. I would have no issues if it didn't have the darned spikes on it, but those make me not really trust it even with the new & improved harness on it. I will NOT sell the Scenera, PERIOD, so no worried there. It actually belonged to a friend, but I took it & put her son in my TF instead, so it would be out of use. I have used it once b/c of an emergency where I forgot to get the seat out of DH's car, but that was IT!

Also do I really NEED a spare? I have 5 seats for him right this moment counting the Scenera & MA. However the 3 mains are Nauti Elite (main main in my car, so used the most), EFTA (in DH's car) & Gen 65 (MIL's car, rarely ever used anyhow & replaced the MA). So he really has enough seats. He rarely rides with anyone besides the 3 mentioned above anyhow, so it really would not be a hassle to move a seat for that.

So...sorry this got so long & thanks for reading if you did. WWYD? Be honest!

ADS

barnmama25

Oh what a cutie!!! I would personally get rid of both of them. If, by some chance you were in an accident, you have two other seats to use as backups until you replaced your crashed seat. Better to get rid of them now while they have some life in them, than have them sit around not being used, getting closer to their exp date.
Did they recall the seats with the spikes?
I would personally give it back to the person who bought it, unless this was a fair trade and you are not expecting your TF back. I would be a little offended if somebody destroyed a seat that I bought,especially if it wasn't recalled, expired or crashed. But that's just me, if the seat hasn't been recalled, I don't see a reason to destroy it as long as it isn't expired or crashed. I am sure there are people out there who could benefit from that seat, I mean it's still better than an expired seat or an OHS, or even somebody with a two year old in a booster. You know what I mean, JellyBean? ;)

Mommy2Marcus

Oh what a cutie!!! I would personally get rid of both of them. If, by some chance you were in an accident, you have two other seats to use as backups until you replaced your crashed seat. Better to get rid of them now while they have some life in them, than have them sit around not being used, getting closer to their exp date.
Did they recall the seats with the spikes?
I would personally give it back to the person who bought it, unless this was a fair trade and you are not expecting your TF back. I would be a little offended if somebody destroyed a seat that I bought,especially if it wasn't recalled, expired or crashed. But that's just me, if the seat hasn't been recalled, I don't see a reason to destroy it as long as it isn't expired or crashed. I am sure there are people out there who could benefit from that seat, I mean it's still better than an expired seat or an OHS, or even somebody with a two year old in a booster. You know what I mean, JellyBean? ;)

Thanks! I think he is a cutie to!

As for the Scenera & TF thing. She bought my TF from me, so not expecting it back as I hated it. She also did not want the Scenera back, gave it to me as she hated it. LOL! I plan to check with her one more time though to be sure. It was never recalled nor is it expired (still has about 3 years left on it), but I just don't trust it personally. So I don't think in good consious I could sell it to anyone feeling the way I do about it. KWIM? I just could not feel good about selling someone a seat I personally would not want to use myself. So selling it is out for me.

Thanks for your thoughts though.

barnmama25

Would it be better if you just "forgot" it outside with a free, needs a new home sign on it and looked the other way? Or handed it to somebody and said "here, take this from me, find somebody who needs it, put it on your garage sale, just don't let me see it again." :whistle: I understand that you are uncomfortable with the spikes, as were a lot of folks on here, but I can't help but think there is somebody out there that could really use that seat. Spikes or not, Dorel didn't recall it so it is still safe for use. I just find it really wasteful I guess to destroy things that dont need to be destroyed, kind of like when I see people throwing perfectly good toys and clothes in the dumpster, just because they were moving.
Your spikey Scenera is far less worse than a lot of the car seats that are sold on Craigslist, Freecycle and cosignment shops around the country.

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC