Evenflo Symphony 65 vs. Britax Boulevard?

U

Unregistered

Hi,
I'm in search of some advice!!! I'm going between the Evenflo Symphony 65 and the Britax Boulevard. My son is 7 months old, 30 inches tall and 22.5 lbs (big kid!). From what I can tell they are pretty much the same with 5-35lb rear facing, 20-65lb forward facing and the Symphony then becomes a booster up to 100lbs. The evenflo is cheaper but everyone I know raves about the Britax for safety. Which is best? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Julie

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Both are safe provided they're used properly. They both have top slots about 16-16.5", which means they're often outgrown by torso height well before 65 pounds, but often get kids to about five years old. The Symphony isn't a bad booster, but it doesn't go very high, so expect to buy another after it's outgrown.

The Britaxes are very very easy to install. The Symphony is supposed to be, but I find their LATCH annoying. I've not tried a seatbelt install (required for most middle seats), but a Britax's seatlbelt is easy.

Are there any other seats you've been considering that you have questions about? At 22.5 pounds at seven months I might look for something with a 40-45 pound rear facing limit, to get you to 3-4 years rear facing. Though it's not uncommon for growth to slow once a child is mobile.

Wendy

U

Unregistered

I know I was not the one that posed the question in the first place, but I found your answer to be very helpful. I just bought this seat for my four year old; this will be his first forward facing seat! I appreciate the time you took to answer this for us. And I agree, if you are buying this for a baby look for a higher rear facing weight. THE ONLY WAY TO RIDE IS BACKWARD! I have my 18 month old son in the My Ride 65 from Graco, which I love (40lb rear facing) he will be backward in it forever as small as he is for his age but I digress... I love the latch system on this car seat, it was actually the reason I bought it. Install was a breeze; I did not have to climb into the seat to get a rock solid install. I just pushed. The 3 recline positions are nice, the 3rd (according to manufacturer requirements he needs to stay in 3rd) is at just the right angle in my van. He loves the seat and can reach his cup holder. Also he can sit with his legs crossed which he loves, the crotch strap is very long and does not pinch at all (has lots of room to grow too!) The belt paths are ingenious and so easy to use. This seat has a forward facing tether, which is great, also from what I can tell in booster mode there is no requirement for the vehicle seat to have a headrest (but I would use one). I installed it as a booster and put him in, the belt stays in the correct position I was a bit worried about what kind of booster this would make but I am impressed. Usually I do not like the convertibles/ all in ones for boosters. The harness is not removable but the crotch strap is. Looks good to me! I am in love with the harness adjustment, its right in front. Just move it to the right height and lock it in. Makes driving multiple kids in one seat a dream (at home daycare provider)! I have never used this seat rear facing, but I installed it for fun, and that was easy as pie. All in all great seat, my only complaints are (overly picky) that there is only 1 cup holder, and that the crotch strap is not adjustable (but roomy still). Comes in good colors.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC