Warning - Horrible Crash on I-65 in KY

ADS

Kat_Momof3

it might not be something like that... it could be where the baby was in relation to the point of impact.

there's more to it in these serious crashes than just being properly restrained...

Qarin

Every one of us wants to know that there was something we could have done, if we had been in this accident, to have prevented most of those deaths. We want to know that our tiny baby wouldn't have died, that our 3 and 5 year olds would still have their parents and their grandparents and their friends and relatives. We want to believe that our car is better, our car seat use is better, our driving is better, our luck is better.

We want to believe all that, because not believing it is terrifying.

But sometimes, none of that matters.

elle7715

All I can think of, in this thread, is what happened if my family was in an accident that killed us all, and people online were speculating about my faults as a parent in how I restrained my kid.
If this is referring to me, I wasn't speculating about anyone's faults. If baby was in a row with any of the adults then it's obvious why he didn't survive. Since there was no mention of a carseat for him when there was such an emphasis on the carseat use for the older two, then I wonder if there was a seat being used for him. It's all objective thinking.

If that happened to our compact car only a futuristic forcefield would save my kids. So no judging on my part...only sadness.

Zaiyne

To me it looks like an infant carseat in picture #9,maybe laying on something red..maybe my eyes are deceiving me..

I'm not sure what picture it was and I am not going to look at the photos again I seen more than I wanted to when I looked the day it happened as I have family in that immediate area and all we heard on the news at first was a deadly crash involving a semi. but anyway... I believe I saw in a couple photos an infant bucket that was covered up. I am amazed that the two survived to begin with but I am not surprised that such a young one was taken in the crash.:(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC