hows this monterey fit now? plus sell it or keep it?

Does she fit the monterey? should i sell it or keep it? please answer for weach question

• Yes she fits well

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • No she doesn't fit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • An OK fit, could be better

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Sell the monterey for now

• Keep the monterey

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • other/clicky box

• Total voters

ginny4

a poll soon to follow..

about a good 6 months ago my DD tried the monterey. she was all of 44lbs & 44in & it was way too much seat for her. since then.....she's grown ALOT. now she's a lil over 50lbs & i'm not sure how tall but she's definitly grown in height a bit too. she doesn't have as much wiggle room as she had before. but i don't know.....

i just don't know whether to keep the monterey or sell it.....I bought her a "girly" turbo that she fits better in that will be her 6th birthday present. we have an extra turbo(gender neutral) as well (used mostly in my moms car). plus the monterey (red NOT pink). so 3 boosters one kid. one too many? plus it bothers me that the monterey (a not so cheap seat) is just sitting in the garage wasting away.

2 other issues....i'm not crazy about how the seatbelt lays in the guide (especially 3rd row) with the monterey. i have her in the 2nd row capt chair it seems to fit better there so maybe a non issue? the last issue is the monterey will expire before my lil guy would be able to really use it. he's my thicker kid who would probably need it

so should i sell the monterey for now & buy a whatever we need later or keep it

pics...
2010-3001.jpg

2010-3003.jpg

2010-3005.jpg

ADS

Kat_Momof3

I remember the fit from before... it's definitely much better... I'd put the wings a little closer together (I can see they are possibly fully widened, but at least partially widened), but other than that, I think it's a great fit now...

I'd try the headrest one notch lower, but I know it might be that she's too tall for the one notch lower and just in that in-between stage of not looking like she's ready for this notch when she is (totally been there with Jeffrey)

ginny4

i thought the wings were in when she got in. maybe they snucked (is that even a word?)out. the headrest does look too high but from what i remember last time was that if it was close to her shoulder it made the seatbelt look close to the edge & easily slip off & the notch up helped with some placement. it still wasn't very good as she was smaller then. i'll re check her later. the monterey right now is her temp seat for today. her regent cover is getting a wash since there was a lil pee accident in it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC