CA issues

swtgi1982

I have only had this seat for ummmmm...... seven months and the padding in the bottom of the seat is shot! I am so calling saftey first in the morning! Just wondered if anyone else had this issue.

ADS

swtgi1982

What do you mean by shot? Pics?

pics not possible camera dead

but the padding is so thin, it barely covers seat by crotch strap area any more, the padding in the seat area seems to magically disappeared :confused: my other one does not look like this, but is only a month old (well a month of use not DOM)

Both are DOM of Jul 2009

gonna hand wash tonight and see if it is just smooshed down or what, will report back tommorow after it drys

Andie

pics not possible camera dead

but the padding is so thin, it barely covers seat by crotch strap area any more, the padding in the seat area seems to magically disappeared :confused: my other one does not look like this, but is only a month old (well a month of use not DOM)

Both are DOM of Jul 2009

gonna hand wash tonight and see if it is just smooshed down or what, will report back tommorow after it drys

Odd. Is it the seat that your older child is in? I'm wondering if it's just flattened from use.

swtgi1982

Odd. Is it the seat that your older child is in? I'm wondering if it's just flattened from use.

yes the one the four yr old is in, since being older she needed it first so yes hers is the older one, but still my two yr old only has had his for about a month and it is starting to show the same wear (no where as near as bad)

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Mine is new, but i can see ithappeneing, the padding is extremely thin in the butt area...shockingly so for such an expensive, otherwise fairly upscale seat, IMO.

Andie

yes the one the four yr old is in, since being older she needed it first so yes hers is the older one, but still my two yr old only has had his for about a month and it is starting to show the same wear (no where as near as bad)

I'm hoping it's just from use. Mine has been in use for 6 months & I've not noticed anything.

DahliaRW

Ds has been in his since August (I think) and no issues as far as I can tell. He's brutal on his seats too! I have the harvest one.

swtgi1982

ok after hand washing and line drying the padding looks almost 100 percent better, so I guess it was just matted down from use

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC