info on the Jane Indy Plus booster

teekadog

For my birthday my friend gave me her two Jane Indy Plus boosters. I have no experience with boosters and don't even know what I'm looking at. One needs cleaning, but I'm afraid to take the cover off and not know how to put it back. And I just need info on them in general to make sure all the bits and pieces are in order, how to install them in my Echo, etc.

I just got them and haven't even googled them yet and any help would be appreciated!

Okay, I googled and I'm downloading a PDF on them now...

Still, any tips?

TIA!

ADS

Kat_Momof3

they're great seats... just very few people around here have experience with them... they were pretty pricey and are now discontinued in the US due to lack of sales.

Jenny (scatterbunny) is around a lot and she had one... hopefully she'll see this thread... otherwise, you could pm her.

agurlsride

If you figure out how to take the cover off to clean it, please let me know! Mine is so dirty but I can't figure out how to take it apart!

solmama

Were you able to download the manual? I had a Jane Indy Plus (well, I still have it), but it's defective and can no longer be used:(.

The lower anchor installation is pretty easy, just push the metal bars onto the anchors until the red, near the ends of the anchors, turns green. To uninstall, pull back using the red tabs on each side. The latch anchors slide back into the Indy kind of easily, so when installing you'll have to hang on to them.

I've washed our cover once, and it's held on by the straps across the back...just unvelcro those. Then undo all the plastic snaps and remove. I remember the headrest piece being kind of hard to get back on-I guess I'd try to recall how to best put that one back.

teekadog

Thanks for all the replies.

I took the covers off. The head piece was hardest to get off. I'm thinking it might be tricky to get it back on around the belt guides...

The PDF was concise, but didn't mention expiration dates (unless I missed that part). The bottoms of the boosters are stamped "5-2007/2014." I'm guessing they were manufactured in 5-2007 and have an expiration of 7 years, correct? I can't seem to pin down a solid answer and that's very frustrating. I think that info should be very clear for caregivers.

Solmama, how was yours defective? What should I look for on mine to make sure they aren't defective?

solmama

When we received ours something was rattling around inside the seat. I just figured it was leftover plastic from molding the seat. Until one day when I had a problem raising the headrest, so I gave it a good hard pull. Out the headrest came, and the little piece of plastic? It was one of the parts that holds the headrest up (fits into the notches). It had broken right off. I was a wee bit upset, and even moreso when I found out the seat was out of warranty. My loss. And I really like/d the Indy.

teekadog

I've swept, scrubbed, vacuumed, and scrubbed them again. The covers have been hand washed and are air drying. At each step I gave them a good shaking and with each step the rattling has subsided to nothing. So I'm guessing all the earlier rattles were all those crumbs falling out AND I have inadvertently trained my dog to come running when I'm cleaning carseats :) Whew. I can't wait to try these in my Echo.

The only problem is that these are for my two girls, and one cover is pink while the other cover is black. They're already fighting over the pink seat.

Kat_Momof3

I've swept, scrubbed, vacuumed, and scrubbed them again. The covers have been hand washed and are air drying. At each step I gave them a good shaking and with each step the rattling has subsided to nothing. So I'm guessing all the earlier rattles were all those crumbs falling out AND I have inadvertently trained my dog to come running when I'm cleaning carseats :) Whew. I can't wait to try these in my Echo.

The only problem is that these are for my two girls, and one cover is pink while the other cover is black. They're already fighting over the pink seat.

maybe post in swap seeing if anyone will trade you either a black or pink cover for your pink or black cover... depending on what people have?

people have swapped covers before for that seat.

otherwise... make them take turns month by month?? (12 months in a year, so easily to divide... and a month gives you a break from constantly readjusting them to fit a different kid)

teekadog

Oldest has offered to take the black one. She likes to be a doormat. So we let her pick which side of the back seat she wants.

So far I really like them, though I have no booster experience. A top tether would be nice. They seem to adjust quite high, and it's nice to be able to widen the sides.

When putting the covers back on I found the trick with the head cover is to fasten the velcro strap first, then put the cover on the wings, then snap the bottom snaps and last the top snaps. I had to use a dull butter knife to push the edges of the cover back behind the plastic of the shoulder belt guides, otherwise it's not on right.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC