Combi CS?

Laurette

Has anyone tried to get a replacement cover from them for the CCO? I called yesterday and she wanted to charge me, it comes out to $33 just for the main seat cover.

IMO, the fabric quality is not that great for the CCO. The FIRST time I washed it, it came out all snagged up and the padding of the cover kind of deteriorated so that there are little creases all over it. Really hard to explain.

I love my CCO, and really want to love the cover. But I have long thick fingernails that tend to snag it and with the laundring issues, I just really dislike the fabric.

I have seen a few other people's CCO covers are snagged up so it isn't an isolated issue. Has anyone else tried to get a replacement cover? Don't you think they should replace it for free?

I have only had this seat for two months. It should hold up better than this.

ADS

natysr

I don't know. After owning a frontier with the mesh cover and seeing how easily it snags, I kind of expect the same thing to happen to the Coccoro as it gets regular use. I was aware it may happen when I made the decision to purchase the seat. It is just cosmetic. If it doesn't affect the performance of the seat, I don't see how Combi should be expected to replace everyone's covers every 3 months. You could however suggest that the make a non-mesh cover.

$33 for a cover is not that expensive...in comparison to Britax's $60 replacement covers.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I just washed Liv's cover and it came out fine, there's no snags or creases on it. We've only had it for 6 wks or so though.

Calideedle

They usually ask for a picture showing the issue and then call you back a few days later letting you know if they will replace it.

At least that is what happened to me when I asked if I could order a replacement adjuster strap ... They said they don't make them and I either had to buy a new seat or deal with the fraying because it wasn't all the way through the strap. :confused:

I assume the same thing would happen (email photo, and let you know).

ETA: I HATE the creases that happen after it is washed!

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I don't think a warranty should cover general wear and tear. Snagging of fabric might be annoying, but it's not a safety concern in the least. (FTR, I have four covers. I've washed all of them once, and one at least twice, and they look fine. I have some snagging on one from baby's feet.)

Laurette

They usually ask for a picture showing the issue and then call you back a few days later letting you know if they will replace it.

At least that is what happened to me when I asked if I could order a replacement adjuster strap ... They said they don't make them and I either had to buy a new seat or deal with the fraying because it wasn't all the way through the strap. :confused:

I assume the same thing would happen (email photo, and let you know).

ETA: I HATE the creases that happen after it is washed!

My adjuster strap is frayed too. Maybe I should let them know that as well. Did they send you a whole new seat when you asked for a replacement adjuster strap?

ETA: Nevermind... So they just said, Deal with it! Humm

NVMBR02

They replaced a cover I had ordered through them because it arrived drty/stained. I had to take pictures and email it and then they called me back.

I have washed my cover twice now and I haven't had any issues with snags or creases. I washed it on the handwash cycle in my wash machine then hung it to dry.

Calideedle

My adjuster strap is frayed too. Maybe I should let them know that as well. Did they send you a whole new seat when you asked for a replacement adjuster strap?

ETA: Nevermind... So they just said, Deal with it! Humm

They said once the fraying is all the way through the strap (as in a hole) to email them pictures. :rolleyes: Right.

I am not using the CCO right now...

Laurette

I'm just not impressed with their CS... From the experience I have had with other Manufactues, I expected more.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
The fraying is a rather common issue, and it's not really fraying--it's fuzzing. (I'm not trying to put spin on it--there really is a difference.) Fuzzing is minor and cosmetic and is basically equivalent to the pilling on the cover. It's caused by pulling the adjuster strap to the side rather than straight out. True fraying is deeper and more serious.

One of my Coccoros has fuzzing on the strap and it doesn't bother me in the least.

Calideedle

I am totally aware of the difference between fraying & fuzzing.

I personally don't feel okay using it when there is *fuzzing* which goes well over half way through the strap, where I can actually fold the strap in half long ways easily & it looks cut. When the strap becomes 2 straps Combi can do something.

ZephyrBlue

They said they don't make them and I either had to buy a new seat or deal with the fraying because it wasn't all the way through the strap

Thank you for sharing this info. I had decided to order the newer version of the CCO as soon as it was released, but now I'm not so sure. The covers don't seem to be holding up very well to normal wear and with the strap issue....

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC