Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Thread: Posting time?

Posting time?

I have noticed the time when I post, and then when I go to read new posts it sometimes says that I have posted on a post recently on that post when in fact it was awhile ago that I had even been there. For example in the Reputation post I posted at 5:23 and it now says it is a new post and I posted at 5:43! I have noticed this with a few other posts as well and was just wondering why this happens? And if anyone else has noticed this?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Posting time?

No clue, but I found posts I haven't read will show read, but posts I have read will show as new.
    Clearing out temporary internet files helps some.
    Rebekah Branch, CPST from May 2005 until June 2011
    Mom to CJ (7/96, seatbelt), Gregory (4/98, seatbelt), & Joyjoy (10/03, misc. booster seats)
    "That which you create in beauty and goodness and truth lives on."
    - Denis Waitley

CPS Technician

i think what you are talking about is when if someone votes on the poll it will show up as not being read (bold) took me while to figure this out.

CPS Advocate

if it is on polls then what is happening is that if you are the last person to type a reply then you will be the name in that area. but each time someone replies to the poll(chooses an answer) it posts the time that they chose that answer in that area and bumps it back to new because it has a new poll answer.
    Does that make any sense? lol!
    “Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes...
    That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away AND you have their shoes.”

It isn't always in the voting threads that I have noticed this. It seems when I am lets say in the coffee break forum and I am looking at the whole page. If I look at a thread and look at the last time a post was made, it shows there has been a new post, lets just say the last post was made at 4:45 and if you click on it to read it it wasn't posted at 4:45 but at 4:15. So the time stated for the last post is different on the Coffee Break forum then it is on the post! So the posting time in the Coffee break forum page doesn't match the posting time in the thread and bumps it up as a new post but there is no new post. Does this make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by LuvBug03 View Post
    if it is on polls then what is happening is that if you are the last person to type a reply then you will be the name in that area. but each time someone replies to the poll(chooses an answer) it posts the time that they chose that answer in that area and bumps it back to new because it has a new poll answer.
    Does that make any sense? lol!
    Yes that makes sense! Ok, I feel blonde I think it was one of those days! LOL

I was thinking they weren't always on a voting thread, but now that I think of it I think they were! LOL It first happend the other day on that 'would you shop at a full service carseat shop thread'! DUH!

Thanks for the help!

CPS Advocate

lol! its ok... it took me a few to realize it the first time.
    That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away AND you have their shoes.”

Quote Originally Posted by LuvBug03 View Post
    lol! its ok... it took me a few to realize it the first time.
    LOL! Yeah, but at least you didn't start a thread and post it

CPS Advocate

"there are no stupid questions..."

lol!